Video Files on Forum ×

(Casio LK-280) Almost impossible using the light up keys

Riky35800

Hi! I bought a Casio LK 280 piano. I really like it, but I can't really use the light up keys function. I mean its works, especially with the base songs from the piano but isn't working if i load some self made or downloaded song with an SD card. I tried export with: FL Studio, 2 Online midi makers, MidiWorld, GarageBand etc but its just not working at all. Sometimes If I lucky I can find some working midi songs on the internet, but If i edit something it looses all data instantly. And I can bring sounds into the FL studio, but FL studio can't light up my keys too and can't export midi with data too. (I tried export 2 ways)

Can somebody recommend a program for me (If possible please a free one)

Or Can somebody help me with the data export with the programs what I've mentioned? Thank you all!

Best regards

Riky35800

I've opened my midi files with Anvil studio, and then I've exported  "Midi format 0 file..." "Merge Song" even the "Karaoke version".

Then I uploaded all to the SD card, but still doesnt wannna light up the keys for me :(
I did nothing much, or less

Did I do something wrong, or I've forgot a part like run as administrator?

There is a pic all the settings (I leave it on basic)

fasznakvankedvepsolnigecc.JPG

See "Navigate Channels" in the right hand column of Page E-60 of the LK-280 manual.  These channels determine which MIDI channels your right-hand and left--hand note data have to be on in order to properly light the keys.  A mismatch between what is in the MIDI file and what the LK-280 is looking for, and the keys will not light at all or will not light properly.  Several of the YouTube tutorials state that these must be Channels 3 and 4, with Channel 3 being the LEFT or BASS CLEF notes and Channel 4 being the RIGHT or TREBLE CLEF notes, but this only applies to the entry level LK models.  On the LK-270 and LK-280, and several other mid to high end LK models, you can assign any one of the MIDI Channels (01-16) as the RIGHT (TREBLE CLEF) Navigate Channel, and the keyboard will automatically assign the adjacent lower MIDI Channel as the LEFT (BASS CLEF) Navigate Channel.  However, the LK models with "assignable" Navigate Channels are supposed to use the Channel 3-4 arrangement as their defaults, but since you are having problems, it would be a good idea to check this, per Page E-60 of the manual, to ensure a proper match between your MIDI files and the LK-280.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I have tried to take music that I want to learn ,off the computer. I’ve tried following instructions from my new Casio 280. Also a few times from YouTube people. This keyboard teaches with lighting key’s. The problem is if you not really good on a computer, it is too difficult for most to do.In my opinion.