Video Files on Forum ×

Cool Nights (Original Composition)

sergio

Well, I HAD to come up with a title, and "Y" is a great joke, but I don't have a powerful enough motivation to do that... So, a city visit instead....  I hope it's OK.  I don't particularly like this part of the job because it's not music (making the darn video and choosing the images), but it's done.

Thanks, m10538!!!  You know my problem with the rhythm thing... I did post the question in the tech forum but I haven't got a reply.  Anyway, the first thing that I play around with to come up with a melody is to pick a rhythm, and I've explained how the keyboard has so many of them, but many are almost the same and others are too weird for me.  So I keep cycling through the choices, and then I experiment with chord changes.

Once I fix on the rhythm it pretty much stays, but I may adjust it a bit, now that I know how to do that.  So it's not that I didn't take your advice...  This song was almost done and I just needed to practice (hard and frustrating). 

27 minutes ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi very nice song. Which keyboard are you playing? As for the video issue, if you don’t like making them, you can post your compositions on SoundCloud instead of YouTube. 

Thanks for the comments, vbdx66.  My keyboard is PX-780 and I like it a lot.  I'm just a retired man and this is my hobby.  I started the whole thing of getting my music to the web and YouTube was the vehicle I found at the time.  I'm used to it, and the video actually (I think) adds a bit to the music, since I TRY to carefully pick the images in Google and synchronize them to the tune.  It's a tedious process and not one that thrills me, but I like the end product, and I think I"ve got better over time. 

• Like 2

Thanks!  I bought my PX-780 5 yrs ago and I'm still learning how to use it...  It's an awesome instrument and I know I have a lot to learn, specially if I hooked it up to a PC.  I tried very early on when I bought it, but I haven't done it again or explored what to do with it.  I just focus on improving my piano techniques and I enjoy composing songs.  It's a hobby for an old man, and I get enormous pleasure from doing all of it.  And...  it keeps me off the streets too!!!  😀 😀

I looked up some of the other keyboards, like the one Tsquare used, and they seem so incredibly awesome!  I just don't know if I have the patience now to learn a whole new electronic gadget...  Let me know how you like the 3000.