Video Files on Forum ×

Debussy - Beau Soir

Beau Soir (Beautiful Evening) is is a highly impressionistic and lush piece from Debussy written when he was only 15 years old!

Lyrics:

"When the rivers are rosy in the setting sun, And a warm shiver runs over the wheat fields, Advice to be happy seems to rise up from things And climb toward the troubled heart. Advice to taste the charm of being in the world While one is young and the evening is beautiful, For we are going away, as the stream goes away: The stream to the sea, we to the grave."

I recently learned this by ear after listening (many times) to the "real" version while using the free Android app Music Speed Changer plugged into the audio in on the PX560.  This program allows you so slow down an mp3 without changing the pitch = handy.  FYI:  I made a chord  "cheat sheet" if anyone is interested (PDF).

(2) MIDI tracks:

1. Piano + strings (layered)
  2. Symphony2 (Hex) new sound downloaded from this forum 

Beau Soir.mp3

• Thanks 1

Oh baby, Debussy!! I couldn't wait to hit play! I know dude's ain't s'posed to cry but man, I started wellin' up right at the start!😭

That's the greatest compliment an artist can get, to elicit actual emotions from their audience, so there ya go Tsquare!

I haven't found a version of this to download, I've been looking for a Samson Francois version. This is goin' right into my phone's music folder! I feel like I should pay you, Tsquare! 

• Thanks 1

Very beautiful and haunting, Tsquare!  I'm not familiar with this piece and will look it up.  Debussy was my mom's favorite composer and I've learned to like him a lot.

Interesting about the app...  I have an iPhone but will check to see if they have it.  Sounds like a useful tool.

BTW, regarding the transposing on the PX780...  It definitely changes the sound of the piano, and perhaps that's what you noticed...  Even lowering the key by one semitone changes it, quite nice, actually...