Video Files on Forum ×

Dance (another "unplugged" early song)

First of all...uh, hum...allow me to correct your nomenclature: a song has lyrics, you sing a song. Makes sense eh? And "unplugged" means to go acoustic. I don't believe Casio makes any instrument that doesn't run on electricity.

Now, secondly...I grow weary of your self loathing as an artist old man!!!!! Would you quit sayin' that stuff! With me it's true 'cause my stuff is just rinky-dink fun stuff, that's all I meant it to be.

"Dance" is a completely perfect (and perfectly played) lil tune. Sounds a little like an old fashioned "show tune", Broadway style.

Apparently you think you still have so much higher to climb as a musician, I say you're already there! Relaaaaxxx, man! Breathe in that dizzying thin air up on that peak and...relaaaaxxxx.😀

OK, got it!!!  😀   The "unplugged" term I thought fit leaving out the rhythm and just play the darn piano...  OK, not "unplugged", so I'll just call it piano solo...

A song does not necessarily have words..  Mendelsohn (sp) wrote them, and I'm sure that Richard Rodgers wrote them without words until Oscar got in the act.  The point is that I don't think lyrics and I don't enjoy writing them either.  I have TWO I like, one in Spanish and one in English, and that's it.  So most of my tunes are simply that, tunes...  I don't know what else to call them.

And thanks so much for your words of encouragement.  I'm trying to get out from under the bottom of the totem pole to a more acceptable position, and I find this forum a "safe place" where I can get honest opinions (good or bad) because I don't get feedback otherwise.  So thanks a lot!!!  😀

• Like 1