Video Files on Forum ×

Transfer Midi files from pc to casio keyboard Lk-260

Cherif

Hi, 

I was looking on the internet for a solution for my digital piano KL-260 and I came across this beautiful casio site.
So I would like you to help me.

I have a LK-260 casio keyboard  and I'd like to know , the midi files that I have on my pc....... if there is a way to transfert them from my pc to my casio keyboard database.

Can Someone help me with that , Please !!!!

I would look forward to any help or solution from you

Thank you very much in advance !!!!!

The LK-260 is not equipped with any type of internal user memory for the loading/storage of tone, rhythm, or song (MIDI) files.  However, by connecting the LK-260's USB port to a computer's USB port, with a standard USB "printer" cable, it is possible to "play" MIDI song files from the computer to the LK-260, using the LK-260 as a sound module.  See Pages EN-33 to 35 of the LK-260 manual.  You will also need a DAW software program, such as Anvil Studio, or a MIDI file player, such as VanBasco's Karaoke (MIDI file) Player to transmit the MIDI files from the computer to the LK-260.  This MIDI connection is two-way, so you can also use it to play sound software on the computer from the LK-260's keys, thereby providing a means of sound expansion for the LK-260.  The LK-260 is "Class Compliant", meaning it will work with the generic drivers that have been built-in to the last several versions of Windows and MAC-OS.  Downloading and installation of external drivers will not be necessary.  Just Plug-N-Play !

LK-260 Tone Numbers 267 through 394, with a Bank Select of "0" (See the LK-260Tone/Rhythm list Appendix), comprise the Standard GM Tone Set, so any Standard MIDI File (SMF) you would download should use these tones automatically, without the need for "re-voicing" in order for them to sound correctly, but you will be able to use your DAW software to manually re-voice them, as you see fit, to use the LK-260's higher quality "native" (panel) voices.  Since the LK-260 is not equipped with a MIDI Song Recorder, you may want to eventually try MIDI recordings of your performances with the DAW software on your computer - that is - generate your own MIDI files.

http://anvilstudio.com/

http://www.vanbasco.com/karaokeplayer/

• Like 3

Thank you very much for your immence help !!!
I will use the applications that you mentioned to play midi songs on my casio through my PC.
But is there a way to erase some midi files recorded on casio lk-260 and leave room to transfer one or two midi files from the pc to casio lk 260?
I would like to play my favorite music on casio lk-260 without being tied with the PC /

Thank you so much for your help and advice !!!!

No!  The LK-260's Built-in Songs are permanently burned into read-only-memory at the factory, and can not be erased, but there is an alternative for a reasonable investment.  You will also need to download and install the audio recording package "Audacity" on your computer:

https://www.audacityteam.org/

Yes, I know, Anvil Studio handles audio as well as MIDI, but the freeware version only records one minute of audio, plus I do not believe the freeware version will playback MIDI as it simultaneously records audio, so you need a separate audio recording package. Now, connect the LK-260's USB port to the computer.  You are going to playback your MIDI files to the LK-260 over this connection. Then, with the appropriate cables and/or adapters, connect the LK-260's Phones/Output jack to the Mic/Line/Audio IN jack on your computer.  As Anvil Studio plays your MIDI files to the LK-260, Audacity will record the LK-260's audio output to your computer's hard drive as a wav file, which you convert to MP3 and copy into the memory of an MP3 player such as iPod Touch or Nano.  If you do not already have one of these, Apple products are kind of pricey, so I recommend one of the lower priced units, such as Memorex or RCA that typically sell for between $30 and $50 USD.  I prefer the units that use a single AAA cell to those with internal rechargeable batteries.  That way, when the battery runs down, you just pop in a new AAA cell and go about your business, and your MP3 player is not disabled overnight while its battery recharges, but then you could also do all this with the proper phone as well.  Connect the audio output of your phone or MP3 player to the LK-260's Audio In jack and you will have an exact replica (through the LK-260's speakers) of whatever Audacity recorded, and it is ready to go wherever the LK-260 goes.  And . . . you can even play along on the LK-260, with the MP3 providing backing tracks.

• Like 2