Video Files on Forum ×

Music of the Night - Phantom of the Opera

I have been wanting to learn this piece by Andrew Lloyd Webber but have always been frustrated in the past trying to play the sheet music in Dbm.  Thankfully, I found a much friendlier chord version in C major on the internet.  Gotta love that transpose button!  I especially like the unique downward chord progression at the coda.  (3) MIDI tracks consisting of:

1. Piano + stereo strings (layered)
  2. NoName Street (hex)
  3. Choir Aahs

Music of the Night.mp3

So nice....  👍  Loved it!  Webber's music is awesome, I think, although some critics don't agree.

See what I mean about the transpose button?  I think it's priceless (for me, anyway).  One question to the more tech out there...  I guess Casio just "shifts" the keyboard up or down when transposing, so the lower notes become even lower, which is different than when one changes from key of C to key of A, because the sound of the lower notes (and higher notes) stays the same.  Am I right?  It seems that there is a tradeoff, but I'm not complaining..

Tsquare, congratulations, and I have to say that we have similar taste in choice of music.

• Thanks 1

Just curious, why you don't like Webber.  I lost track of his music after Phantom, so I'm not sure which direction he's going in.  But his Broadway stuff is great, my opinion.  Musically I love "Evita" best, but even "Joseph" is a cute piece I enjoy...

We both agree on Tsquare!

1 minute ago, sergio said:

Just curious, why you don't like Webber.  I lost track of his music after Phantom, so I'm not sure which direction he's going in.  But his Broadway stuff is great, my opinion.  Musically I love "Evita" best, but even "Joseph" is a cute piece I enjoy...

We both agree on Tsquare!

I'm no music expert, I just likes what I likes, and I don't like Webber. Seems kind of thin and schmaltzy (if that's a word). Now, let's get Webber's view of my stuff, wah ha!