Video Files on Forum ×

Begin the Beguine (from the archives)

Another good one! That just goes to show the accompaniment doesn't always mess it up. I think your solo ones will always be my favorite though. Just "pure Sergio".

I want to say that you're "phrasing" is nice on this but I'm not totally sure what that means, remember, I'm the most musically uneducated person on this forum. I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks, m10538!  I agree with you that the accompaniment can enhance a song, and I can hear that when I listen to my own playlist;  I can tell that some songs are enhanced and others are not, or they just offer a different interpretation.  BTW, you know that a song can be interpreted in many ways, so one is not necessarily "better" than the other one, just a different take on the melody. 

All I remember from this song is that I had a barrel of fun arranging and playing it...  I had a lot of fun.  Cole Porter is pure genius, and arranging this song forced me to find chords that were unusual to my regular patterns.