Video Files on Forum ×

Px560 Midi controlling Volume

Jeff B

Hi. As the new owner of a Px560 (coming from a Yamaha MOX8 I want to use an Organ simulator on my iPad controlled via the 560. Iwant to be able to control the volume of the iPad and , for example, turn the piano volume to zero on the Privia whilst I assign a control knob to turn up the iPad organ whilst I use it.i thought it was a simple matter of assigning one of the control knobs to MIDI volume but it doesn’t seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this? It seems so simple in principle but I just can’t seem to nail it! Any help appreciated. (I connect via a Korg key to the iPad rig). Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeff, I'm not fully sure if I understand what exactly your setup is. But I would assume you have connected PX-560 Midi USB via some adapter to iPad and then feeding back the audio out of the iPad into Line In of PX-560.

You should have three volume regulation possibilities which you could assign to the three knobs of PX-560 via Menu->Controller-Knob1..3, maybe do all three then you can try it out while watching the three knob values in Main screen on the bottom:

Knob 1 - CC7 - Volume, if your SW on ipad supports that kind of Midi control the audio generation in the SW should be controlled in volume by that

Knob 2 - Keyboard Volume allows you to control the overall output of PX-560 sound generation  (alternatively you could use Menu-Midi-Local Control off to completely mute)

Knob 3 - Line In Volume will control (if you have your iPad fed back to PX-560) the volume of incoming iPad sound

Hope that helps...