Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 and expression pedal

STAScasio

Which Expression Pedal Is Appropriate?
I have an Ex.P M-Audio pedal (https://m-audio.com/products/view/ex-p). What settings and how to do?

M-Audio’s EX-P

Feel the need to express yourself fully? M-Audio’s EX-P expression controller pedal works with all M-Audio MIDI controllers that have an expression pedal input. A built-in polarity switch insures compatibility with most other brands of controllers and keyboards. Use the EX-P to control any assignable variable MIDI controller value including volume, modulation, panning, filter sweep and more. Durable molded construction with integral cable.

• 1 year later...

I recently purchased an M-Audio EX-P expression pedal and tried to set it up as the manual indicates. However, the manual says to select either "2 Exp Type1" or "3 Exp Type2", but neither of these options appear. The closest that does appear is "2 Pd 2 Type". This appears no matter which position the polarity switch is in. The other messages that I can scroll through at this point are "1 Pd1Efect", "Pd1Enabl", "5 Pd2Efect", "Pd2Enabl",  "2 Pd 2 Type" and "ExPCalib". The polarity switch position does not change any of the prompts. Since I get no prompt as indicated in the manual, what should I use, if any. Is this pedal incompatible with my CT-X5000?

Yes, I got "2 Pd 2 Type" one time. Now when I try to set it up I no longer get "2 Pd 2 Type" as an option. I get  "1 Pd1Efect", "Pd1Enabl", "3 Pd2Efect", "Pd2Enabl" and "ExPCalib". did I do something wrong? I've turned off the keyboard, changed the polarity switch and now I get "1 Pd1Efect", "Pd1Enabl", "3 Pd2Efect", "Pd2Enabl", "1Pd2 Type" and "ExPCalib". I turned it off again, changed the polarity switch back to previous position and I get the same results. I am no longer getting "2 Pd 2 Type" as an option. I must have done something wrong. When I have "1Pd2 Type" on and use the + or - buttons I get "2 ExpType1", "3 ExpType2" and "1 Foot Sw". How do you select which of those you wish to use? What I want to use is Setting Value 4 (Rhy/Song) in order to start and stop the Auto Accompaniment. So far the only effect the expression pedal produces, no matter how I have tried to set it up, is as a volume pedal. It did function as a variable sustain pedal one time. Is Value Setting 4 only available with a foot switch pedal. It doesn't seem like an expression pedal could function as a start and stop switch.

• 10 months later...

Thanks Chandler. Was looking at buying a new expression pedal because mine wasn't working. Your directions were bang on. Alot to learn on these keyboards so gotta stay patient

On 7/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, Chandler Holloway said:

You're close, just missing one step.

Once you find 2 Ped 2 Type in the Pedal menu, use the + or - buttons to choose either Exp Type 1 or Exp Type 2.