Video Files on Forum ×

The Casio PX-S3000

dc2k

The Casio PX-S3000

This is the first I have heard about this new model. All I had seen on Casio's youtube channel was the announcement of the  Privia PX-S1000 which is a basic digital piano with a handful of tones and effects with inbuilt speakers, three pedals, clever companion apps and caters to people who want a quality, inexpensive simple piano in their home. It's $599 retail in the US. I hope they sell a ton but I'm coming from a PX-5S and am interested in something a bit more.

So I was watching Sonic State's video on the Casio booth at NAMM. After demonstrating the PX-S1000, the Sonic State guy asks what's the model on the other table.

Turns out it's a PX-S3000 and has 700 tones ,  200 rhythms, an LED display that looks like the one on the PX-5S, pitch time and real-time controls (looks like just two knobs) and it retails for $799 in the US. Don't think it has the same sound-sculpting abilities as the PX-5S but the demo was so short, maybe it does? Maybe a PX-5000 is in the pipeline?

Skip to 6:15 in this video

• 2 months later...

It depends on what your focus is. The PX-S3000 is not marketed as a Privia Pro model. But it is definitely "more" than other Privia models, placing it between those and the Privia Pro models such as the PX-5S, which still is the best controller Casio has released in the Privia line.

Where did you try the PX-S3000?