Video Files on Forum ×

LK-280 Lessons - Playing Phrases From Top

Adster

Hello Casio Forum,

I have just got an LK-280 and I am getting along quite well with the keyboard.

I am using the Lessons feature to master in-built songs.

The default lesson sequence appears to be phrase 1, then 2, then 3 and so on until the end of the song.

However, upon mastering phrase 2, I'd like to play from the beginning (phrase 1 and 2 together - from 'the top') to test my cumulatively learning of the song. Likewise after learning phrase 3, I'd like to play together phrases 1-3.

However I can't see how to do this, except in the Auto Step Up Lessons, which appear to play from the beginning of the song (phrase 1) at the end of each lesson - there is a specific 'From Top' message in Auto Step-Up. This requires that you use Auto Step Up Lesson. I'd like to use the regular manual lesson system, but be able to do so cumulatively just like Auto Step-up lesson sequence.

I am probably missing something really basic here as a newbie, so can someone let me know how to play 'from the top' in regular manual lesson mode? Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi T,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case I'll switch to Auto Step Up mode every time I want to test my progress from the beginning of the song as follows:

• Phrase 1: Manual Mode
  • Phrase 2: Manual Mode
  • Phrase 1-2: Auto Step Up Mode
  • Phrase 3: Manual Mode
  • Phrase 1-3: Auto Step Up Mode
  • Phrase 4: Manual Mode
  • Phrase 1-4: Auto Step Up Mode
  • ...and so on to the end of the song

I guess that is what everyone following the manual lesson mode does if they want to test their cumulative progress when learning to play a song.

Being unable to practice from the beginning in manual mode just seems like a glaring omission from what is otherwise a really well thought out learning system.

Cheers,

Adam

• 1 year later...

Agree, I have the same issue, I also very much am annoyed you can not turn of the accompanied background "orcestra" It is very distracting when trying to learn a new song.  Does anyone know how to turn off the accompany music? (In Setup lesson / Auto) ???