Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 Hex Layer Piano template?

kybdsammer

I've been able to tweak existing piano tones and save them on the PX-560, but I am not sure how to duplicate/recreate a piano tone in the hex layer.  For example, say I wanted to recreate the default GrPnoConcert tone in a hex layer, how would I do that?  At first I thought I could just copy the same tone parameters in a hex layer, but they appear to be somewhat different.  I am also not sure what base waves to use (like GrPiano2-L, GrPiano2-R, etc.) and how to set it up.  I've tried various things but haven't been able to reproduce the same sound compared to the original tone.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this or maybe have a good basic hex layer piano template that they wouldn't mind sharing?  Thank you.

Technically it isn't 100% possible. You'd need 8 layers to come close.

Yes each of the sample layers are available - GrPiano2-L and GrPiano2-R are the left and right channels of one dynamic level just those two would take 2 of your available 6 layers. Depending on the sound you're going for you could just use dynamic levels 1-3 or 2-4 within the HexLayer limits.

What are you trying to do? 

I appreciate the information Mike.  I really like layering a piano tone in Upper 1 with another tone in Upper 2.  I am mainly trying to see if I can make use of the hex layers so I can have even more flexibility by combining the layered tones into one hex layer.  Then I could have two killer hex layers in Upper 1 and Upper 2 on the Main screen.  

Regarding the left and right piano waves, should I pan GrPiano2-L fully left and GrPiano2-R fully right to get the best stereo sound?  Thanks.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to make a new thread but found this.

So the question is there a possibility to add just one layer as a normal sounding piano (at leat GM-Piano)

I needed a single hex layer with only several piano keys active (I can't achieve this with splitting)

And I couldn't find any normal grand piano sound in the layers list, only GrPiano2-L, GrPiano2-R which sounds awful separately

And there's no GM-Piano, why?

thank you