Video Files on Forum ×

Which MIDI rhythm box? PX-x50?

I just bought an AP-700 which lacks rhythm or arranger functions and it would be nice to get some rhythm functionality. 

The only Windows applications that I've seen are ChordPulse, 1 man band, band in a box. Nothing really for iPad. I would prefer to use the iPad for convenience. 

I want the AP-700 to get the PX-350 rhythm functionality. Nothing fancy, just the usual rhumba, rock, waltz, bossa nova stuff you got in your cheap 80's home arranger. 

Can someone recommend a "PX-350 rhythm app" or similar for the iPad? My thought is to have the USB midi start the iPad rhythm app and route the sound to the AP-700 line input. 

Or is it possible to get a PX-350 or similar, connect it by 5 pin midi and gave the AP-700 synchro start the rhythm section? Or may be a CTK which is very cheap here in China. 

Please advice! 

There isn't an arranger app for ipad that I know of. The ireal pro app comes close but it is more backing track. There are lots of apps to make your own backing tracks like Garageband. The Roland BK7M partner app is the only other app I know of that runs on ipad but you can only use it with a Roland BK keyboard. Your best bet is Band in a Box or One Man band if it is still around. But neither runs on ipad.