Video Files on Forum ×

CTK-3200 touch sensitivity problem

anish b

Hi guys,

I ran into a very irritating problem,

while playing i noticed what may be a bug or i hope that this is a function i accidentally turned on.

When I hold down the high g key on the bass part of the piano, the keys around it completely ignore the touch sensitivity function,

if i play the same key with that g key at the same time, the touch sensitivity still works.

If anyone could help me out with this problem, it would be a great help

thanks,

I am confused.  You mention the high G key in the bass part of the keyboard.  By that, I assume that you are referring to the Accompaniment section of the keyboard.  Referring to the illustration on Page E-30 of the CTK-3200 manual, there is no high G in that section of the keyboard. The only G key in that section is the fifth white key from the bottom.  The Accompaniment section ends at the second F key from the bottom, and the CTK-3200 is not one of the models that allows this to be changed.  If you mean that there is no touch sensitivity in the Accompaniment section of the keyboard when Accompaniment is ON with the keyboard in Fingered 1, Fingered 2, Fingered 3, or Casio Chord mode, then that is normal, but if this is happening with Accompaniment OFF, or with it ON in Full Range Chord Mode, then this probably indicates a hardware fault.  One possibility is dust or moisture on  the contacts of the switches under the keys, and can sometimes be corrected by spraying a can of compressed air (NO liquids or contact cleaners please) under the keys in the affected area, but if this problem only occurs with Accompaniment ON in Full Range mode, but not with Accompaniment OFF, it is most likely not a key switch problem.  Other than that, it could be a bad ribbon cable connection, a failed circuit chip, a bad solder joint, or any number of other problems that would require the keyboard to go to a service center for diagnostics and repair, but the reality of this is that the cost of shipping and repair would almost certainly exceed to cost of a new keyboard.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, completely new to playing piano.

The key I was referring to was the G2 key. I do not think the issue is the accompaniment setting, in fact i didn't even know this thing even had that setting, Cool!

This issue happens at random so i'm afraid this may be some type of hardware problem. I may try compressed air if that fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help!

2 hours ago, anish b said:

I do not think the issue is the accompaniment setting, in fact i didn't even know this thing even had that

Anish

I would strongly recommend spending a few evenings at the keyboard with the manual in hand.  It will open up totally new vistas for you when it comes to the capabilities of the CTK-3200.  If you need a copy, you can download one for free from:

https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008001032     Enjoy ! ! !

Try striking that problem G key over and over two or three dozen times at a medium (not hard) playing strength.  If the problem is a glaze on the key switch contacts, this will sometimes clear it for a while.  I have a 15 year old Yamaha that I have kept working for several years now this way.  Good luck ! ! !

- T -

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, anish b said:

Hi guys,

I ran into a very irritating problem,

while playing i noticed what may be a bug or i hope that this is a function i accidentally turned on.

When I hold down the high g key on the bass part of the piano, the keys around it completely ignore the touch sensitivity function,

if i play the same key with that g key at the same time, the touch sensitivity still works.

If anyone could help me out with this problem, it would be a great help

thanks,

Hello Anish, I am facing same problem in my ctk 3200 .. when i press the C key in fourth section of the keys and while pressing the C , pressing the preceeding keys , B or A other G , the touch response donot work and the sound is suddenly loud . 

Did you fix the problem by any way would be a great help.