Video Files on Forum ×

Cannot disable Power-On Alert

MusicalMe

Hello. I 😍 my LK280. But I do have one small issue - I cannot disable the Power-On Alert (when the keyboard lights begin to flash after 9 minutes on standby when powered from the mains).

I have followed the instructions on Page E10: FUNCTION/ < > to OTHER/Key9 ("Enter"). This gives a message on the screen - "ArpegHLd" with "Off" in the top-left corner, whatever that means. Anyway, the lights still flash at 9 minutes.

Am I doing something wrong?

MM

You are stopping too soon.  You are only completing Steps 1 & 2 at the bottom of the right hand column on Page E-10.  You need to continue on with Steps 3 & 4 at the top of the left hand column on Page E-11.  Step 2 only gets you into the "Other" section of the Function Menu.  "ArpHld" is just the first of five items in that setion of the Function Menu.  You then need to use the Left [4] or Right [6] arrow buttons to "scroll" to the fifth item (Demo2) and use the minus button to turn it off.  Then press the Enter [9] button, and then the Function button to exit.  Demo2 in the Function Menu IS the Power On Alert.  You should review the Function Menu (and all the items in it) in the left hand column of Page-E8, so that you are familiar with all of its items.  It will allow you to customize the LK-280 to your personal tastes.

I know!  When the Casio manual printers leave that much space at the bottom of a procedure, it gives the impression that that is the end of that procedure.  It is always best to check the next page to see if there is more, especially when things don't quite make sense.  I have had many Casio keyboards through the years and have been caught by this more than once in their manuals.

Welcome to the forum.  I am sure you are going to get many hours of enjoyment out of the LK-280.

- T -

• Like 2