Video Files on Forum ×

PX-160 Something is really wrong

Kristi

So I’ve have this piano for a while now, but there has been a lot of problems with it lately. So my tone is completely off, my middle C is WAY to low same with the lowest note, it’s almost hard to even hear it play and I also believe the highest key isn’t even as high as it’s suppose to go. Also when I click options with the “function” key... it never beeps. I’ve tried turning it off and on again and unplugging and I’ve read the Manuel to see if I could find something. But I really don’t understand it much. So I’m kind of freaking out.

It sounds like you may have accidentally turned the operation tone off, which is why you're not hearing beeps anymore. This setting is remembered even when the keyboard is powered off so if you accidentally disabled it you'll have to manually enable it again.

Hold function and press the highest B flat on the keyboard (Bb7). If you hear the beep again it'll mean you successfully turned it back on. After this, try selecting a different tone like strings or harpsichord like normal just to make sure the beep is back.

If the tuning is still completely off even after you turn it off and turn it on again, you might have the back-up setting enabled as well, which is why it's recalling some weird settings whenever it boots up. By default the PX-160 should always revert to the grand piano sound and default settings when you turn it on and off, but by enabling back-up you will cause it to "auto-resume" to whatever settings you had configured previously (like no operation tone and nonstandard tunings). So after you re-enable the operation tone, hold function again and press the highest B natural on the keyboard (B7) to disable the back-up feature. Now try turning the PX-160 off and on again and see if it reverts back to the defaults and the tuning is fixed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...