Video Files on Forum ×

What can I do with CN7 files?

Hey there:)

So I managed to get some of the tones (not all of them unfortunately, only the first 100) from my Wk-7600 through DataManager 6.1.

How can I use the CN7 files? I was aiming for my song sequencer songs, but there are these files too, and I am curious. How can I access the other notes I have on my keyboard? The DM does not show  the others.

Dan

By "CN7 files", I assume you mean "TN7 Tone files", and by "How can I access the other notes I have on my keyboard", I assume you mean "other (preset ?) tones".

The table ("Supported Data Types") at the bottom of the left hand column on Page E-136 of the WK-7600, manual lists the various file types that are user accessible via the Data Manager 6.1 software for export to a computer.  They are all User files. None of the factory Preset files are user accessible, and will not show up in the Data Manager software screens.  With the exception of the AC7 User Rhythm files, these files are all specific to the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX model lines only, and due to sound and DSP engine design differences, are unuseable on any other models.  The AC7 User Rhythm files are useable on some of the other newer models.  As for the Tone files, they contain no "sound" of any kind.  They contain only wave shaping parameters, but do not contain the base wave samples (which are the actual "sound" data), themselves.  The wave samples are stored in read-only memory, which is also inaccessible to the user for export.  As stated above, the User Tone files are only useable on compatible model Casio keyboards, and are not "playable" on a computer or any other external audio device.  The purpose of the Data Manager software is to provide access to User data for back-up purposes and for sharing with other owners of compatible model keyboards.

- T -

• Like 1