Video Files on Forum ×

New PX-760 shutting down constantly

LJ Scott

Hi

I just purchased a new PX 760 standing piano at Guitar Center as a “scratch and dent” sale. The unit frame was in rough shape but it sounded fine. A GC rep even went through all the functions to make sure they worked and everything seemed fine.

When I brought it home and started playing, it would shut off after 10-15 mins. Then it would shut down and restart after just hitting a couple of keys.

I did a factory reset.

I checked the power supply and it is the correct one.

I tried multiple outlets and same result. 

Since it was sold as a scratch and dent , as is sale; Guitar Center won’t take it back.

Any suggestions as what it may be would be much appreciated.

video attached, please excuse my hairy gorilla hands.

Thank You!

Bummer!

But I would change how you describe what it is doing. It is restarting. That tells me that something is wrong with the power. First make sure all power connections are secure. Is the power adapter properly plugged into the keyboard? Make sure the AC cord into the power adapter is also plugged in properly (not at the wall, into the little box). If those are okay, see if you can get your hands on another power adapter to try.

It's also possible the power at your house isn't clean. If you have a battery backup like many of us use with desktop computers, plug into that. I'd normally suggest bringing the keyboard to a friend's house to see if it works better there, but I realize that is more difficult with a model like yours.

• Like 1