Video Files on Forum ×

To the firmware wizzard of Casio one more thing.

XW-Addict

A bit cheesy an intro title for this post perhaps, 

but after all these several years of XW-G1. 

This synth is a bit underrated still I'm happy to have it,

as it is an keyboard hard to find and get. 

I want to make  a request hopefully granted that the 

solo-synth does overlay to a key with multi key function

It would be beneficial uplifting its purpose once more 

solo synth sounds are so fine.  And yes sampling can be 

done for the sounds but its not the same because it loses 

its crisps. 

Please ones more an firmware update casio engineering

wizard . 

• Like 1

As much as I agree with your request, I can't see it happening unfortunately. The G1 is discontinued, and even the P1 no longer shows up on the Casio website (despite still having an XW synthesizer section).

I would also like a firmware update for both the G1 and P1 that expands the "Wah" DSP effect to incorporate an LFO and envelope generator that can sweep the cut off or resonance settings (and be triggered by key presses). It then behaves just like a resonant low pass filter, which can be applied to any section of the keyboard. The G1 can work around this by using the Solo Synth resonant filter with sampling/ PCM or synth section, but the P1 cannot use the Solo Synth filter with Hex Layers or Drawbar. The Wah DSP works on all sections of the P1 (and G1), so it wouldn't take much to add some more parameters to make it behave like a resonant filter. 

Sadly, as the XW's are well beyond end of life support, I doubt that we will see any further firmware updates 🙁

• Like 2

Eight years already since it's conception, Whom from Casio will spend the time and pitch it to the higher up to spend time on this. 

Yes there are work around but they'll hardly practical and not desirable for the kind of sounds as being said. These request can benefit to the sound identity which means the character of xw solosynth.

I've tried mapping solosynth on the G1 Keys with multi key but a switch has to be made every time a sound is selected.

So it isn't seamless play if it could do it at once the little delays or cutoffs would be desirable as the character of the setup.

That why I hope they still see our posting. 

• Like 1