Video Files on Forum ×

Finding Replacement WK3500 Power Cord

Zertis

I have a WK3500 from about 15 years ago and recently lost my power cord. When trying to buy a new one, the 12v cords I've tried's plugs haven't fit into the piano and Casio let me know that the original cord is discontinued. I haven't been able to find one anywhere online. Any ideas would be helpful

You will probably have to buy the correct size connector, cut the wrong size connector off of one of those 12 volt supplies, and solder on the correct size.  At one time, in the US, you could just haul your keyboard down to the neighborhood Radio Shack store and try connectors out of their parts bins until you found the correct size, but those days are long gone.  Trying to measure the connection in the keyboard so you can order the correct size plug can be a real PITB.  You could always consult the service manual, but you usually have to pay for those, and they usually don't come cheap.  It would probably be quickest and easiest to call Casio Support and ask what is the correct size for the plug, then order one from an electronics parts supplier on the web.

You could also search the web for an AC Adapter specifically for a WK-3500, but if you go that route, you would want a guarantee of a return policy, if they send you something that doesn't fit/work.  The ones I found were being offered for about $25 USD.

- T -