Video Files on Forum ×

save a prayer, duran duran

WK7600,  hi folks, not been here in a while but i joined a new band and they want to play save a prayer, i really need your help!

so i have created a great synth tone with delay for the background and found a suitable mellow synth sound for the melody, 

this is what i'm trying to emulate 

so, for the melody i need to use the pitch bend wheel which effects the background too, i cant use the patten sequencer on user tones? is that right? or can i turn  the pitch bend wheel off on one sound and not the other when i have the keyboard split?

thanx in advance any help will be useful, it's the first time i've used the pattern sequencer, and the you tube vid is all about drums.

In the MIXER section, you can set the Pitch Bend Range for each of the Parts A-01 through A-16 and B-01 through B-16.  You would need to set the Bend Range to zero for each of the parts that you do not want to be affected by the Bend Wheel.

In actuality, during "live" play, Part A-01 is the UPPER-1 (right hand main) part, Part A-02 is the UPPER-2 (right hand layer) part, and Part A-03 is the SPLIT (left hand) part.  Part A-04 is for the right hand Auto-harmonize part.  All other "A" parts are for Auto-accompaniment, so if you are not using Auto-accompaniment, you do net need to worry about those parts.  The same applies to the Part A-04 Auto-harmonize part.  So if you want the Bend Wheel to affect only your left hand part, you would set the Bend Range to zero for Parts A-01 and A-02, or if you want the Bend Wheel to affect only the right hand layer part, you would set the Bend Range to zero for Parts A-01 and A-03.

BUT . . . . This is only for "live" play.  If you record your performance with the EASY RECord method, Parts A-01, A-02, and A-03 are automatically offset to record on Parts A-05, A-06, and A-07 respectively, so the Bend Range would need to be set for those parts, accordingly, as well.  The keyboard does this to always reserve Parts A-01, A-02, and A-03 for "live" play.  This way, you can play along with a previously recorded piece without your new "live" notes interfering with previously recorded notes on Parts A-01, A-02, and A-03, as those notes were automatically transferred to Parts A-05, A-06 and A-07 during the recording process.

- T -

• Like 1

sorry, just seen this now, not sure I totally understand what your saying, you appear a whole lot more clued up about the inner depths of this keyboard than I ever will be, but I have just about worked out how to use the patten sequencer, that would be handy for live play, (well I think it would but  we have a drummer and if the sequencer was playing that would be the 'holy measure' rather than the drums)  but the sound I need to pattern is a user tone ( a synth pulse with added delay effect), the pattern sequencer simply wont sequence user tones , only factory settings.

Since you are using the Pattern Sequencer, you can ignore all that extra info I added into my previous post on this.  That only comes into consideration, but most importantly so, if you are trying to record what you are doing using the EASY RECord method of the linear Song Sequencer.