Video Files on Forum ×

Disable Auto Accompaniment Start / Stop button..?

Wateroftyne

Hi everyone! My better half is using the PX-S3000, and loves it, with one exception - the Auto accompaniment Start / Stop button is incredible sensitive, and as you can imagine accidentally triggering it (which she has, a couple of times) can be a little embarrassing.

I can't see a way to disable it, or make it a little less obvious when it's accidentally pressed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

I don't think there's a way to actually disable it, but you can get the same effect by setting the accompaniment volume to zero: FUNCTION>ACCOMPANIMENT>Accomp Volume. Then just save it as a Registration for easy recall. I have a few of these for solo piano gigs. The worst that will happen is a red light will start blinking.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 1:41 AM, Rod Tompkins said:

I don't think there's a way to actually disable it, but you can get the same effect by setting the accompaniment volume to zero: FUNCTION>ACCOMPANIMENT>Accomp Volume. Then just save it as a Registration for easy recall. I have a few of these for solo piano gigs. The worst that will happen is a red light will start blinking.

Ah... of course! That's perfect. Thank you 🙂

Wateroftyne, additionally, you could select a Rhythm that has just a simple Accompaniment part (no drums), and then set the Rhythm/Accomp button to Rhythm, so the Accompaniment part doesn't even play. Turn down the Accomp volume, too, just in case the Accomp/Rhythm button accidentally gets touched. One advantage of these additional steps is that it will keep the silenced Auto Accompaniment parts from stealing polyphony from your piano sound. You only have to do this once and save it as a registration, then just use that registration as a starting point for making new ones with different tones. I'm probably being a bit obsessive here, but hey, that's what I do. 🙂

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm having a related problem when playing gigs with my band -- both accidentally pressing START/STOP as well as discovering that some of the cool registrations shared here that I've saved actually set off the drums when I play the bottom notes of the keyboard. 

I will literally NEVER use the drums, let alone the other AI accompaniment on my keyboard, and so wish there was a way of disabling them universally. 

I'm an older guy and just wanted to a good weighted piano with a fine piano sound for my gigs and find it daunting to deal with resaving all the registrations, and/or creating new ones that have the drums (rhythm, I guess is more accurate) muted. 

Would be grateful for the easiest possible workaround. 

Thanks!