Video Files on Forum ×

Looking for a Casio but really unsure.

PepsiMax

Hi everyone.

I've been looking for a Light up Keyboard for a few years now as we came across one at a show (My niece has wanted one since) but sadly I live in a pretty small town and people don't really understand what I'm asking for and try to sell me what ever they have. I've seen some really great Casios and I think that's the direction I want to go in as I've bought from Casio in the past but I just want to make sure I buy one that can do what I'm hoping for. 

Does anyone know which Casio Light up key range allow you to add MiDi files? I've seen so many people use little hacks and cheats to do it but I don't want to have a massive set up. I'm hoping I can just find a keyboard that lights up, where I can add songs to a data base without buying an IPad or expensive apps or subscriptions to programs.

I've looked at the CASIO LK-135, LK-265 and I think the LK- 280? but others have said these won't do what I'm looking to do and there are a lot more I could look at.

Can any of you recommend a Casio that has the light up ability as well as MiDi and data storage? 

Thanks!

Basically, any of the Casio "LK" models will do what you want.  You can download MIDI files from various internet sources to your computer's hard drive, and then "play" them from there with DAW/sequencer or MIDI player software to the "LK" keyboard, but the LK-270 or LK-280 are best for this, as you can download MIDI files to an SD Memory Card in your computer, then move the SD Card from the computer to the LK-270 or LK-280's SD Memory Card slot and play them from there, completely stand alone, with the LK -270 or LK-280's internal MIDI file player.  The LK 270 and LK-280 are  the only "LK" models with this capability.  The LK-270 is the "previous" top of the line LK model, had a maximum SD Memory Card size of 2Gb, and is now discontinued.  The LK-280 is the "current" top of the line LK model,  has a maximum SD Memory Card size of 32 Gb, and should be available from any of the major internet retail music equipment suppliers.

However, very, very few MIDI files, that you would download, have their MIDI data on the correct MIDI channels to properly light the keys on ANY of the "LK" models, but with a DAW/sequencer program known as Anvil Studio (free download for Windows), you can easily edit any MIDI file to correct this in a matter of a couple of minutes.  Instructions for doing this are already on file in several different discussions, in the "LK" sub-forum, here on this forum.

- T -

• Thanks 2