Video Files on Forum ×

Key Note Voice Error on MZX 500

Dikie MZX500

Dear Casio,
Herewith, I would like to complain about the careless service from PT Puncak Perak Sinergi engineering staff, your authorized casio service centre in my home town, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.

The problem happened  when I repaire my Casio MZX 500 Music Instruments on November 2019.

I repaired my keyboard because, sometimes, the key note voice of C5, D5, E5 and F5 sound un-normal.

When I push the key note with soft touch but the voice of the key note responds just like I push it roughly, even though I push the key note softly.

Or in another words, the voice of key note sounds like We set the 'Touch Response' into 'OFF' mode choice in Touch Response Setting Menu. Where as, I set it in 'Normal' mode choice.

Uniquely, the key note voice error happens when We set in 'Piano' voice mode only. And it happens unstable also. It's come and go.

Sometimes the error of key note voice happens when I just start playing the piano.
But, somestimes, nothing happens at beginning, it's just normal, but after a few minutes or hours, suddenly the voice of key note C5 or D5 or E5 or F5 change its voice like I set into 'OFF' mode in Touch Response Setting Menu.

The error of key note voice happens randomly also not always begun from C5 or D5 or E5 or F5.
It could be begun from D5 or F5 or E5 or C5 first.

And also the error of key note voices are not all together.
When I softly push the key note C5, D5, E5 then, suddenly key note voice of  F5 become fals (changing become higher than it should be, like I set into 'OFF' mode in Touch Response Setting). Then, I continue to push the next key note G5, A5, B5 and C6, the key note voices are normal. Nothing wrong happens.

But, when I push the key notes starting from C6, B5, A5, G5 then, suddenly the key note voice of F5 become normal again, but the error move to the key note voice of E5 or D5 or C5.

Then, I repeat to push the key note beginning from C5 again, then, the error move to D5 or E5 then, suddenly, the key note voice of F5 changing become normal.

Then, I repeat to push the key note from C6, B5, A5, G5, F5, E5 (all the key note voices sound normal), then, suddenly the error happen to the key note voice of D5 and C5.

Please click this link to see the error:

And nothing I can do to recovery the trouble If the key note voice error happens.

I've tried to shut down the keyboard and unplug the power supply and turn it on again. But the error still happens.

I've tried to reset the keyboard into factory setting mode. But the error still happens.

So, finally I turn the keyboard off for several hours or days.

And amazingly when I turn my keyboard on, all the key note voices of the piano sounds normal like nothing wrong happend.

I can play joyfully until I finish playing the piano for a whole days and nothing error happens to my keyboard.

But in another day suddenly the key note voice error happens again when I just turn the keyboard on or when I'm playing the piano.

Oya, I bought the keyboard on November 2018 and the key note voice error was found firstly on June 1019.

After several months I use the error keyboard, finally I decided to repair my keyboard on November 2019 to PT Puncak Perak Sinergi as your authorized service centre I found in your websites.

When I handed my keyboard over to PT Puncak Perak Sinergi staff, I described all the troubles happend to my keyboard clearly. 

And also I tried to play a couple songs in front of some PT Puncak Perak Sinergi staff to show them the troubles.

But, unfortunately, the key note voice error did not happen after I play the piano about a half hour.

Finally I show them my video recording that I have recorded at my home when the key note voice error was happenning to my keyboard to prove them my complaint.

Please click this link to see the key note voice error:

And I also give them a notice that do not do any repairring or changing of the spare parts/components without prior notice and my approval....

Please click this link to see the whatsapp conversation:

After a couple days, the PT Puncak Perak Sinergi inform me that I have to pay for Rp. 150.000.- for it.

And They gave me 1 month warranty for the same trouble.

Please find details file regarding to the above charge :

After I used my keyboard for a couple weeks, the key note voice error happend again like before.

Finally I text via whatsapp the PT Puncak Perak Sinergi staff to report the key note voice error and asking her about 1 month warranty given.
And she asked me to bring back the keyboard to them.

Please find my attached whatsapp conversation:

When I was handing my keyboard over to them, I also played a couple songs in front of PT Puncak Perak Sinergi staff to prove them the key note voice error I mentioned above.

But, again, unfortunately, after I had been trying to play the piano almost an hour before them. I failed to show them the key note voice error I complain.

But, luckily I had the video recording when the error happenning at my home and I gave to them for the proof.

Please click this link to see the key note voice error:

Then, after a couple days the PT Puncak Perak Sinergi staff sent me the video recording via whatsapp message to show me that the terrible damaged had happened to my keyboard.

How shocked I was to know that my keyboard got damaged.
And I saw that its not just the key note voice error, it's worst than that.

They claim that my keyboard had terrible damaged when the engineering staff would like to turn the keyboard on before They open the keyboard casing or repairring it.

In the video recording they sent to me, I saw that there was the wierd voice come out from the loud speaker and suddenly the keyboard shut down and dead.

Please find the video recording's sent by Puncak Perak Sinergi:

And They charge me for Rp. 5.161.000,- for it

Please find details file regarding to the above charge :

How shocked I was to know about it.

I bought my keyboard for Rp. 8.330.000,-  incl. keyboatd case and keyboard stand.
And surprisingly the repairation fee is worth almost like I buy a new keyboard.

Dear Casio,
If They advise me in advance what spare part/digital components must be changed and how much money I have to pay.
I guess, the repairation fee proposed is reasonable and I do understand. And won't feel shocked either.

But, the problem is...
I had to pay for the terrible damaged charges that I had never found and happenning to my keyboard before.

And what made me angry that They claim that I had handed over a terrible damaged keyboard to them.

Dear Casio,
Honestly, I had never imagined that I finally found that my keyboard has got the fatal damaged in the hand of your authorized casio service centre company.

If I would like to make my keyboard as an experimental project I could do it by my self.

Just, because, I realize that what I must repair is not a lego toys where when I made a mistake I could restart from beginning.

Just, because, I know what I would like to repair is a 'digital' music instruments.

So, that's why I sent my keyboard to Casio Authorized Service Centre to find out what exactly happened to my keyboard.

And I thought that your authorized service centre has the proper software or hardware equiptment to inspect the key note voice error in my keyboard properly.

But, how shocked I was when I must face the truth that my keyboard was stuck and unable to turn it on.

Could you imagine, what do you feel if it happens to you???

So, is it fair enough If You must pay for the terrible damaged that You have never made to your keyboard ???

Please be advised that, my keyboard still able to run smoothly and normally Before I handed it over to PT Puncak Perak Sinergi (although I had found an error in the key note voice)

For your information:
If I had given them the terrible damaged keyboard to repair like They claimed.

Was it possible for me to play several songs for almost an hour in front of them on the day I give them my keyboard???

Please take note, that, I handed my keyboard over on Dec 18 2019
And I got the damage video recording from them on Dec 26 2019

The Question is???
What have They done to my keyboard from Dec 18, 2019 upto Dec 26, 2019????

Please find my attached whatsapp conversation:

If I sent the the terrible damaged keyboard as they claimed, why they did not send the video recording file at the same day when I gave them my keyboard???

Dear Casio,
In this case, I do believe that The PT Puncak Perak Sinergi engineering staff did not do the right procedures that caused my Casio MZX 500 digital music instruments getting fatal damaged.

And, If the engineering staff of PT Puncak Perak Sinergi smart enough. I guess, it is very easy to solve the problem.
Even, if they do not have enough knowledge in repairring the digital music instruments. They just can contact the engineering in Casio Music factory to ask for some advises how to solve the problem.

I do believe the engineering in Casio Music factory would be so pleased to asist which part of software or hardware component must be inspected and tested.

Then, after that, they can inform me - as consumer what the trouble had been found, what spare part or digital components must be repaired or changing. And how much money I have to pay for it.

The factory who assembled the product would know better every single part of their product than who anybody else. 

And If I don't agree with the repairation fee proposed and cancel the repairation process, so, at least, I'm still able to use my keyboard as I used to.
Although, sometimes, I'm not comfortable to hear the key note voice of C5 or D5 or E5 or F5 when playing in Piano Voice mode.

Dear Casio,
I used to use my keyboard every time, every hour and every day. So, I know well, every single things happen to my digital music instruments.

And I'm really sure that I'd been playing the music instrument properly.
Besides, I use my keyboard for home entertaintment only, not for rental business or stage performents too.

Dear Casio,
As you read my whatsapp and email conversation with PT Puncak Perak Sinergi.
I have been trying so hard to make them believe that my keyboard was able to run smoothly and normally before I repaired it at PT Puncak Perak Sinergi.

But, PT Punak Perak Sinergi staff keeps argueing that they have no guilty.

And I swear to the God that I dare tobe prosecuted legally If intentionally I've made a fake complaint just to find a one-sided benefit.

I just want a justice.

And, as a consumer I am in the weak side off course. I didn't have any witness who had seen what they had done to my keyboard.

So, finally, I decided to take my keyboard back home.
Cause, I don't have the money to pay for the terrible damaged that I have never found and never happenning since I bought my keyboard on November 2018.

Dear Casio,
Now, my lovely Keyboard Casio MZX 500 have become a trash.

And my beloved son feels so sad because He can not practice at home the piano lesson that He learns in his school anymore.

Please click this link to see my keyboard now:

Dear Casio,
Please, help me...
What should I do now???

I don't want to do any reparation If, finally, it will make my keyboard stuck and unable to play anymore.

I just want my keyboard with the key note voice error but I and my beloved son are still able to play the music on my keyboard.

Meanwhile, thank you very much for your kind attention and looking forward to hearing a good news from you.

Warmest regard's
Dikie