Video Files on Forum ×

Can I edit rhythms wk-7500

Looking to EDIT an existing rhythm on my wk-7500. Change an instrument, then SAVE it in user rhythms and a bank as well. I can't do it on the fly as I need this rhythm on call whenever and when I save it in a bank it just reverts back to the original instrument yet other rhythms do not revert just this one MARCH.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

When you say "save it in a bank", I get the impression you are trying to save your Rhythm edits in a Registration.  As you have already discovered, you can not do that.  Registrations save keyboard "setups".  Rhythm edits are not "setups".  They are exactly that: Rhythm edits.  Edited Rhythms need to be saved as User Rhythms - essentially as a brand "new" Rhythm that you just created.  The only Rhythm related "items" (among others) that are saved as part of a Registration are those items with a CIRCLE in Column 2 of the Parameter List on Page E-163 of the WK-7500 manual, and the Rhythm related "items" are actuually global Accompaniment  settings, and not really an integral part of a Rhythm.

See the table, which shows the 6 "parts" of a Rhythm, under section 3 about halfway down the left hand column on Page E-105 of the WK-7500 manual.  If you want your "change" to appear all the way through your Rhythm, you need to make an identical "edit" to each one of those "parts", with two exceptions: you can not edit the INTRO or ENDING of an existing Rhythm.  To make those changes you would need to create a completely new INTRO and/or ENDING.

In all actuality, if you are going to be editing Rhythms, you need to read through the entire Pattern Sequencer section of the manual, in order to fully understand what all is involved.  Even the simplest of changes is not all that simple, if you are not fully prepared.  Creating and/or editing Rhythms is a very tedious, as well as attention and labor intensive process.

Best of luck !