Video Files on Forum ×

WK-7600 factory reset options

Hi all,

Totally new to this site, but I figured this is the place to go with a question. 

I recently purchased a used WK-7600 in excellent condition, and at an equally excellent price. I'm not a keyboard player, per se, but I got it for studio purposes ... so. 

I want to reset this keyboard to its original factory settings. In the Owner's Manual, p. E-135, Step 1 and Step 2 are pretty straight forward. But at Step 3, before you initialize, it asks you to select between either "Parameter" or "All". That's where I start to get lost in the weeds.

My question then is, What is the difference between "Parameter" and "All", what are the pros and cons of each , and how will choosing one or the other effect the operation of the keyboard? (I guess that's technically three questions.) As I said, my goal is to return this keyboard to its original, just-out-of-the-box state. The main problem is that I don't know, and can't seem to find out, what those original factory settings were. Were they a "Parameter" setting or were they an "All" setting?

Thanks in advance.

Please refer to Column 5 of the Parameter List on Page E-162 of the WK-7600 manual.  Any item on that list that has a circle in Column 5 will be reset on a Parameter Initialize, or more importantly, any item that does NOT have a circle in Column 5 will NOT be reset by a Parameter Initialize,  There are 8 items that are NOT reset by a Parameter Initialize.  The most important of these are the first two items - the User Data: User Tones, User Rhythms, User DSP settings, Registrations, etc.  NONE of these items are touched by a Parameter Initialize.  If you want to reset your WK-7600 to a pristine "out of box" condition, you need to do an Initialize ALL.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all! :) Just got a wk-7600, and it had been working great, until yesterday. all of the sudden, my sustain pedal stopped working. Can't seem to figure out how to do a factory reset. any thoughts on how to remedy this problem? TIA!! ❤️