Video Files on Forum Ă—

I Crown Myself KING OF THE CASIO CT-390! Gimme That đź‘‘!

YT description:

If you’re short on time you can skip the first 6 minutes. It’s not totally necessary for you to watch that. Well, none of this is totally necessary for you to watch, I suppose. I made a recap of the story so far at the beginning because I thought this would be the last episode. Every one was going to be the last one, but it just kept going! I know I spelled professor wrong on that list so don’t rag on me about that. It sounds the same with two f’s and one s, so...good enough. It was too hard making these to go back and fix it.

At 3:10 I do a little character development of Ruby. She’s a student at Zreo University studying why all of us animal beings are shaped the way we are, or “functional morphology” for you snooty types who like to bandy about them big ol’ words, makin’ us non-genius types feel inferior. Check out her boss air car Yojimbo! Gear! And he only cost 5,000 galactic noogies! (1 galactic noogie = 2.85 U.S. dollars). He’s programmed to respond only to her commands. He has the same speaking style and voice of ZBS Ruby’s air car Mustapha that you can hear in my ZBS promo vid. Yojimbo is played by a concept vehicle called the Hover Coupe by Lazzarini Design. Like most concept vehicles it’ll probably never get off the ground. Off the ground? Get it? Heh heh.  Ugh.

I needed faces for these characters so I searched for astronaut images. Some that you’ll see are just models but the two people you see in the garage have actually been in outer space! Not that far, but still… SD is played by either an American or Russian astrodude, I didn’t get a name. But I know who Ruby is played by, the vivacious and downright foxy Claudie Haignere, who is a French astrobabe. I found out who she was after making a couple episodes featuring her image. I hope she doesn’t mind because making these vids was extremely hard and remaking them is not something I would want to do! My Ruby character is smart, tough, and caring, and Claudie is a real Ruby, man. Do some searches and you’ll see.

No moral in this episode. Just two young lovers enjoying life. Hmm, there probably is a moral in there somewhere, I suppose. At 6 minutes Yojimbo whisks the happy couple up into the sky heading out to the wilderness. SD croons some Dion The Wanderer (written by Ernie Maresca) as he hops in. From 6:00 to the end the tunes are from keyboard tape 7. It’s mostly the Casio CT-390, the MT-100 pops up in a couple places too. There’s 2 or 3 layers of me playing different parts using multiple tape decks. I’m also using delay and chorus pedals and I achieved stereo panning the old fashioned way, by fiddling with the knobs on my mixer. Aren’t those some cool sounds? C’mon, man, show Casio some love! They’re not toys! THEY ARE ELECTRONIC MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS! How many times do I have to keep telling people that?!

Ruby wants to show SD some of the wild critters she’s been doing research on. SD and Yojimbo both get freaked by some of these terrifying giant beasties (babies!), so as the suns set (both of them) Ruby instructs Yojimbo to fly them to her dome home. From 14:30 to the end I’m referencing a Beatles tune, can you guess which one? After 15 minutes E-Z and Ruby prepare for a wild night on the town, singing some Van Morrison Wild Night Is Calling. Ooh wee! Zreo’s Capital City is played by Miami in one scene and I think the rest is Dubai.

Enjoy your fun, vibrant life you young people, for one day….. I distinctly remember around the time this stuff was recorded, 1995, I thought to myself “if my life stays exactly the same as it is right now, why, that’ll be just fine with me.” Yeah, right. Five years later….. It’s hard enough finding things in life that make you happy. Then holding on to them against the onslaught of time and change, oy! Yes, enjoy your life, young lovers, enjoy it while it lasts. Squeeze every drop of fun you can out of it! Because, well, you know. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick……..

What twist of fate awaits SD and Ruby (and Yojimbo!)? Tune in next time and get the shocking answer! HO MA GOSH! What’s gonna happen?!! Find out in the next fantabulous spine-tingly episode of TAAOSD! Same channel, same time...which is when you want to, of course, after I upload it.

There’s a hidden Red Dude in this episode. And the first person to correctly indentify when and where will recieve a free footlong Veggie Delite from Subway’s! * I suggest getting the rockin’ chipotle sauce with it, zestay!

HEADPHONES ARE MANDATORY, MAN! This is old cassette tape stuff of fi low, so strap on yer musical earmuffs so you can clearly hear all the groovy strangeness being delivered right into yo’ brain!

* At participating locations only. I don’t really have a deal with Subway, but you can try it. Just say “I was the first person to spot the guy in the red spacesuit in the Awesome Adventures Of Space Dude on YouTube, now gimmie my free Veggie Delite!” Who knows, maybe they’ll participate. Or call the cops and throw you out. It’s worth a try. Them subs is yummmmmy!

• 4 weeks later...