Video Files on Forum ×

Key noise on a few keys

Chris2020

On 1/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, Craterus said:

Hello Crhis, What did you finally choose to do? Is your proble solved? Cause today  I just received my, otherwise almost perfect,  brand new CT-X 5000 and it has a clunky-noisy E on upper right part. It makes a kind of crackling sound when pressed suddenly, with speed but even without force. It sounds like some grease is missing and the plastic parts are hitting on each other. I think i just need to open it up and grease it instead of returning the whole unit back to the reseller, as its very possible that the replacement unit will have the same problem. I 've watched a very detailed video on YouTube but it was on a CTK-7XXX model and I don't feel comfortable trying to open my brand new baby without a detailed video first. Suggestions?

I just purchased today the,CT-X5000, tested the keys for eventual clicky-clacky, nothing ! And then, at home, since i unboxed and played for all afternoon, i'didnt have any noises nor clicky-clacky pbm whatsoever...so for me, its fine, but if i do, i'll report it here, to share "our pbms" and wtick socially'for finding suitest solution for u happy ones.

Byw. Theres one aspect that i figured out is, between the keys, there a slight gap, that's sometimes slides on sides R-L, or L-R, when it kind of stuck, i tried to just slide a bit aside, and went ok...but no noises at all. But tje key itself is solid, specially,over the square-edge part, its solid, no doubts.

Anyway hope that my observation would help, smhw

• Like 1

I have a CTX 5000 I bought used. The keys are noisy which may be why the original owner ditched it. I enjoy it very much and play with headphones so the noise does not bother me. I do understand how the noise bothers some owners but honestly have you ever heard how noisy a real acoustic piano is? The sound is deadened by the reverberation of the strings but noisy actions abound on real pianos too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Casiofun said:

I have a CTX 5000 I bought used. The keys are noisy which may be why the original owner ditched it. I enjoy it very much and play with headphones so the noise does not bother me. I do understand how the noise bothers some owners but honestly have you ever heard how noisy a real acoustic piano is? The sound is deadened by the reverberation of the strings but noisy actions abound on real pianos too.

Exactly, and not only acoustic pianos..if the keys on every keyboard are functioning properly as thy should nobody should worry. My initial worries were only till I realised that has nothingto do with the keys functionality. 🙂

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 4:54 AM, FlashyEagle8 said:

I just purchased today the,CT-X5000, tested the keys for eventual clicky-clacky, nothing ! And then, at home, since i unboxed and played for all afternoon, i'didnt have any noises nor clicky-clacky pbm whatsoever...so for me, its fine, but if i do, i'll report it here, to share "our pbms" and wtick socially'for finding suitest solution for u happy ones.

Byw. Theres one aspect that i figured out is, between the keys, there a slight gap, that's sometimes slides on sides R-L, or L-R, when it kind of stuck, i tried to just slide a bit aside, and went ok...but no noises at all. But tje key itself is solid, specially,over the square-edge part, its solid, no doubts.

Anyway hope that my observation would help, smhw

Mine also came well lubricated and soft

• 4 weeks later...

Hi now I have another issue which I am reporting in another separate post: on top of having several clacky keys with an abnormal touch sensitivity, one of the C keys now produces a completely abnormal, altered sound, to the point where it is not nice to play the keyboard. See this post here: 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I've experience this keyboard noise you are talking about. And I have a solution for that! Open your casio keyboard and tighten the screws in key bed. But be sure to remove the keys where it sticks because there might be some dust that cause the noise. Then screw it real tight and violà! Zero noise! Thank me later! 😁

• Like 2

• 2 months later...