Video Files on Forum ×

Ha Ha's And Horror: An Awkward Combination

YT description:

This one is 37 minutes long and has a lot to read in it. If you can’t take it all at once you can watch it in two parts, stopping at 15:40 after the beach scene.

Now, let’s get something straight: the world of fiction operates by different rules than reality. Whatever the storyteller says happens, you just have to believe it. And I’m telling you this: there ARE such things as spacefaring butterflies! There are! And you have to believe me! They migrate over galactic distances through the void of empty space. Sounds fantastic, I know, but it’s true! I want you to keep something else in mind as you watch this: Space Dude (Zaphod Beeblebrox III, a.k.a. “E-Z”) always has a change of clothes in his hover bike storage compartment. One minute he’s in a space suit, the next he’s got normal clothes on. There’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. He always carries a change of clothes with him! Alright? Got that? Good.

The tunes in this are the Casio CT-390, Yamaha PSR-190 and my no-name-brand guitar from tapes ranging from ‘95 to 2000. At 7:10 SD starts hummin’ some Jeff Lynne Can’t Get It Out Of My Head as he gazes upon a mysterious beautiful woman who appears as if in a dream on the shore of the...well, appropriately enough, the Sea Of Dreams. Who is she? She kinda looks like...nah, it couldn’t be. Could it? SD just about drops a load in his spacesuit when he finds out the answer. It’s a shape shifter! Ho ma gosh, y’all! Run, Space Dude! SD let’s out a classic ZBS Jack Flanders line as he beats cheeks, “feets, do your stuff!” But just when SD thinks he’s done for…..HOLY PLOT TWIST! It is Ruby! Wowsers! She can transform her body into different shapes! Whoa-ho, man, cool! Looks like B.B. taught her how to do that. Yeah, I remember in the last episode she said something about B.B. teaching her how to do something amazing. You remember that? See, you gotta pay attention to this stuff! At 13:50 Ruby returns to her original biped form. Yeay! Zaphod and Ruby are united! I found some perfect emotional footage, I think it’s from Pixabay, of a couple on a beach. And yes, SD had some clothes for Ruby to wear in his hover bike trunk! C’mon, man, don’t harass me about that! So, did you cry during the emotional reunion? It’s alright, you can tell me.

At 17:10 Ruby describes her kidnapping ordeal to her friends. Ted wanted to get back at SD and he wanted Ruby for himself. So he just took her. What can I say, he’s a bleephole. Ted was unsucessful in breaking Ruby’s spirit and making her his “personal slave.” That’s a U2 reference at 19:50, Ted could take her body, but he could not take her Pride! Damn straight! Bleepholes are evil. They r*pe, they pillage, they enslave, conquer and destroy. Their humanoid prisoners of war and those they deem inferior and deviant are sent to the dark side of their moon Luna Paradiso where they are worked to death or simply exterminated. The light side of the moon has been terraformed into a game ranch where exotic animal species from all over the galaxy are brought to be hunted down for sport. Man, I’m glad this is just fiction and that kind of thing doesn’t occur in the real world! I...it...ugh...yeah. It might seem odd to have goofy fun stuff and dark serious stuff together in these vids but I wanted SD to battle evil in this story and I have to describe evil. Consider this a dramedy. Or a comerama.

So, what is “evil”? Well, as Bill Clinton taught us, definitions of words can be a very personal thing. Here’s my definition of evil: to cause pain and suffering or even just sadness to any living being for no other reason than your own sick thrill in doing so. If someone punches you in the face for no good reason, they are evil. If in self defense you punch that person in the face, you are not evil. Lions that kill and eat zebras are not evil. Sport hunters that kill lions just because they find it fun and exiting are ____. You fill in the blank. Fill my comment section with your thoughts on good and evil! This story is fiction. But I want you to know that the evil you see at 29:20 is real. The picture of Ruby’s friend, the wolf shot by hunters, is real. Wanna see the real face of evil? Google “sport hunting wolves and lions”, if you can bear it. Look at the human’s faces as they pose with their bloody trophies. Look at the smiles. They always have those big ol’ smiles on their a**hole faces. It’s funny, they don’t look evil. You just can’t see what lurks within. One day such behavior will be outlawed. Not soon enough for me.

So, SD and Ruby are together again. Everything’s fine. Now they can just relax and enjoy their life together, eh? Well, remember, Ruby’s gone bodhi. She has vowed to return and release her humanoid and animal friends from the grip of evil. Could that even be possible?! Well, I’m the storyteller here so I guess it’s up to me to figure out a way. But how? See what I come up with in part 8 of TAAOSD!

This episode’s Red Dude is the easiest to spot. C’mon, man, he’s right there!!

Wow, good stuff!  Being an instrumentalist, I mostly focused on the music.  Though I did read through your intro and paid attention to any words that appeared on screen.  Dracomeramedy definitely.  I'm doing this in installments.  Very enjoyable.  Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, TomTWK7600 said:

Wow, good stuff!  Being an instrumentalist, I mostly focused on the music.  Though I did read through your intro and paid attention to any words that appeared on screen.  Dracomeramedy definitely.  I'm doing this in installments.  Very enjoyable.  Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Tom! Watching in small pieces is a good idea. I haven't yet tried to watch all 9 parts, 4 hours, in a row. Yikes, I can't imagine what that would be like! 😰

• Like 1