Quebradita

Italian Schlager

Schlager Waltz

Tecnobrega

Chicha

Cumbia Peruana

and

Cueca

I am in the process of archiving all of the MZ-X series Rhythms like I did with the CT-X series, but I don’t own one so it’s a slow process. A music store near me put one out for display recently, but sadly I was only able to export about a third of the Rhythms during my first session. It’s a very tedious process to rip and rename them all to USB, even with a touch screen process.

Hopefully that display model will still be there when the store reopens again so I can finish up. I will see if any of the Rhythms I archived in that first session are on your list, but I started in order from the beginning of the Rhythm list so I don’t remember if I made it far enough to get to some of the World and Latin styles you’re after. Fingers crossed.

I would recommend asking around on the MZ-X User Group on Facebook as well. Lots of MZ-X owners over there, hopefully they can help you out.

@Pigeon City Chicken

Looks like you're in luck: a good chunk of the styles you're after are among what I exported in my first session. I went ahead and uploaded everything I have just in case.

Note that these are still "raw" from the MZ-X, so they have pretty basic names and they haven't been updated to use the CT-X series' voice assignments. Some of the intstrumentation is very likely going to sound weird, especially because the styles you have requested use a lot of Indian and Latin percussion instruments and those voice assignments tend to be nonstandard across different generations of Casio keyboard, unlike more common stuff like pianos, strings, basses. I know for a fact most styles that use tabla drums are going to sound strange.

To fix these problems, you'll have to open them up in the onboard Rhythm Editor and edit the tones assigned to the 8 Rhythm tracks using the Rhythm mixer menu. Shouldn't be too hard, but it is an extra step to keep in mind.

When I complete the archival process, I plan to release the MZ-X Rhythms in one single expansion pack with the voice assignments already edited to fit the CT-X keyboards. However, the CT-X and MZ-X models do share some of the same preset Rhythms, so part of creating that expansion pack will be to determine which MZ-X Rhythms are actually "new" to CT-X owners and which ones were just recycled as part of the preset selection and won't need to be included in the expansion pack.

If you have the time and you want to help me out, it would be super helpful if you could make a note of any "recycled" Rhythms among the ones I've attached here. During my first session, I prioritized Rhythms with a unique name when compared to the CT-X's library, so you may not find that many in this batch. Please don't feel obligated to look through each and every one of them, but if you come across any recycled Rhythms, I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know here on the forums.

Thanks and enjoy!

MZ-X Rhythm Archive Session 1.zip

• Like 1