Video Files on Forum ×

Johanna from Sweeney Todd - Stephen Sondheim

This is from the 1979 musical "The Demon Barber of Fleet Street".  I like the juxtaposition of half notes contrasting the with 1/8 notes in this piece.  Also, the dissonant chords are interesting.  I added Big Ben Westminster chimes using tubular bells voice on PX560 to give it a Victorian vibe.  (4) midi tracks consisting of:

1. Grand Concert Piano
  2. Tubular bells
  3. Stairway recorder (hex)
  4. Stereo strings

Johanna.mp3

I enjoyed listening to this.  Nice work!  Thanks for posting.  The Privias are great keyboards.  I had a PX780 a while back.  Sold it to finance an arranger keyboard that I could actually carry around.  Recently I bought a new WK7600, which should arrive this Tuesday.  I'm very psyched!

Back to your tune, some of the harmonies that you did there were very cool.  The piano voice tone is very good, as are all the other tones.   I hope to get something like the PX560 (maybe the PX560 itself) in the not too distant future with the Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard, which I'll bet feels a lot like an acoustic piano.

• Thanks 1