Video Files on Forum ×

Ever Ask Yourself "Why Am I Here?" The Answer Is At 9:00 In This Video

As to HOW you got here, well, that's harder to figure out. Apparently it all began with the Big Bang. But how and why that happened might never be known. As long as you're here you might as well check out episode 8 of my Space Dude epic!

Y.T. description:

This 30 minute episode can be watched in 3 chunks if you’re short on time. 1-The Lecture. 2-The Park at 10:30. 3-The I.K.G. at 19:20. Get yer reading glasses on, there’s a painful amount of yak in this one! The tuneage is about 60% Yamaha PSR-190, 40% Casio CT-390.

First up: some groovatudes being layed down by the Bodhi-bug in a lecture entitled “Is There Anything Of Value In This Universe?” He sifts through the contents of the entire universe and finds there is one thing of value. That one thing? Why, it’s YOU! How about that! Just lil ol’ you! Didn’t see that coming, did ya?! Ha! Ever ask yourself “why am I here?” Check it out, B.B. has the answer for ya at 9:00. Makes sense, eh?

That scene takes place in the lotus dome atop the sky gardens of Marama. The images you see in the meditation pond are B.B.’s thoughts he’s projecting onto the shimmering waves. And while you’re in the dome your emotions are converted into music that only you can hear. So what sounds did you hear? Mine sounded like an all tuba marching band. But that’s just me.

10:30, welcome to Marama City Park. Nice place, eh? But, hey, see those things floating by? Those are called Floaters. Just like Earth’s bees, if you don’t bother them they won’t bother you. But if you DO bother them they will STING you and you will DIE a HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH! Just a heads up. The audio is a little crunchy in a couple spots here because my tape deck would chew up the tape sometimes. Just one of the joys of ancient tech I miss so much...NOT! The gang yak it up about Ruby’s desire to return to Velnias to save her humanoid and animal friends on Luna Paradiso. At 16:09 is one of the few times you’ll see me quote a Bible verse. I adhere to no religion, but hey, a good saying is a good saying. At 16:36 B.B. offers some thoughts on the nature of evil. Ruby then gives her opinion of the bleepholes. “Violence is their lust and guns are their fetish”, she says. You know any people like that? I bet you do. I do. Bleepholes are real. They’re all around. Scary, isn’t it?

Space Dude starts to zone out at 18:30. The things that Ruby and B.B. have said trigger a brainstorm in our hero’s noggin. Zaphod whisks his friends off to the research labs of Marama U. to see if his inkling is correct. So here we have my solution to the problem of evil: INSTANT KARMA! That’s right! It’s gonna get you! Gonna knock you off your feet! I’m using that word in the “comeuppance” definition. Some people link karma with reincarnations, but I don’t go for that freaky stuff. If you can’t prove it, then it ain’t real. Just imagine if instant karma were a real force in the universe, though, just like gravity and electromagnetism. COOL! Is that possible? Now, remember, these people are light years ahead of us scientifically. We haven’t even discovered the fifth fundamental force yet! Like cavemen groping around in the dark we are! It’s all very complicated and quantum, of course. Turns out all mass and energy are just vibrations in the omni field, the single field all reality arises from...that’s right, they achieved the grand unified field theory long ago! Now, in the 16 dimensional Planck matrix…...well, I won’t bore you with all the details. Suffice it to say that with a little help from the Frinkatron 12,000 Zaphod proves that instant karma is a real force in the universe! HOYVIN MAYVIN!

It takes a lot of energy and a special substance to raise the karma field above the zero point state into a concentrated beam. At 25:12 you witness the very first time in the universe it happens. Ruby’s instant karma gun reverses SD’s gluon ray. Kablamo!  In his dazed state SD starts moaning some Three Dog Night, Mama Told Me Not To Come. Dude is toasted! It works! The special substance? Corbomite! Trekkies know all about that. So now the gang has a fighting chance! Evil doers will find their death rays reverse on them by the return fire of karma rays! Zap! Instant karma, baby! It works on any evil act too. If somebody tries to punch you in the face for no reason...zap, they punch themselves in the face! Somebody tries to pop a cap in yo’ a**...zap, the bullet boomerangs and it’s return to sender, baby! Of course the force of instant karma doesn’t affect actions of self defense or accidents, only evil. Don’t ask me how it all works. All kinds of quantum jiggery-pokery goin’ on, man! Complicated stuff. Obviously, I’m combining my interests of music, science and philosophy into one big goofy mess here. But hey, who’s to say? The existence of atoms was just an idea once, then proven to be true. Could instant karma be real? Like SD says, if it ain’t we’ll never defeat the bleepholes. I’m tired of waiting, damn, yall! INSTANT KARMA NOW!! 

This episode has the last hidden Red Dude. Yup, he’s still hangin’ around. I get the feeling he’s gonna make an appearance in the conclusion. Oh man, you just know it!  What’s he gonna do?! WHO IS HE??!!!! Stay tuned! All of your questions will be answered in the freak-a** finale!!