Video Files on Forum ×

HT-700 MIDI out: Rhythm

CBCZ

Solved: I didn't see how to delete the post so I updated it.

I have a Casio HT-700 and in the manual it shows the HT attached to a CZ-1 and then chained to an RZ-1.

The manual also shows Bass, Chords, Melody, and Rhythm out.  I tried Cubase and Midi-Ox and didn't see any MIDI messages transmitted while only the drums played.  When adding in the chords, then a steady stream of MIDI messages.  

After reading some more websites I think the HT-700 can be synced via external clock but does not actually transmit MIDI for the drum parts.  I saw some online demos and the author was using the melody to control an eternal drum machine.

Summary:

Doesn't export MIDI for drums, but can be MIDI clock synced.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I know the thread says solved, but did you check the midi channel for drums? On the Casio it is midi channel 4. That goes for the MT240,MT600, and CT670 keyboards which I either own or have owned in the past. I believe you can trigger the HT drums with an external instrument on channel 4, but NOT the other way around. So the Casio has a midi IN(receive) for channels 1,2,3, and 4. But yes, the HT midi OUT(Transmit or Send), does NOT output rhythm patterns no..just the clock as you say.