Video Files on Forum ×

Would a wk6600 be a step up from wk3000

The Casio WK-3300/3800/8000 were released in 2006, while the WK-3000/3100/3500 were released roughly 6 years before that, making the WK-3000 roughly a 20 year old technology.  The CTK-6000/WK-6500 and CTK-7000/WK-7500 were released in 2012, and the CTK-6200/WK-6600 and CTK-7200/WK-7600 a couple of years after that, so a move from the WK-3000 to the WK-6600 would be a MAJOR step up.  It is four model releases newer than the WK-3000.  It has the newer AHL sound engine, as opposed to the older ZPI sound engine, sports a more "professional" looking facade than its ZPI predecessors, and includes many features of a more "professional" nature than its ZPI predecessors.  Even though the CT-X models were released recently, to my knowledge, the WK-6600 is still beng marketed by major retailers, so it is still a "current" model.  That is to say, it is still "state of the art" in its own right.  Now, that said, @Casiofun does have a point.  Since you are considering a used instrument, if you can find a used WK-7600 that fits your budget, that would be an even better buy.  The CTK/WK-6XXX models are MIDI only.  They have no audio capabilities, while the CTK/WK-7XXX models can produce audio recordings as well as MIDI recordings of your performances, right on the keyboard itself.

As with any "used" purchase, you would want to thoroughly inspect/test the item to ensure that ALL features work properly, or at least negotiate a liberal return policy, in the event there are problems upon receipt.  This would include return shipping charges (if any) at the expense of the seller.

Best of luck !

- T -

Thanks for that information.  I am actually not unhappy with my WK3000 as I'm just playing for my own personal enjoyment and its very adequate.  But I always checkout whats on the online marketplaces in case I find a deal that "I can't pass up".  Now I know which ones to review further and which ones to pass on. 

Congratilatons!  I am sure you will enjoy it.  The list of Tones, Rhythms, Effects (DSP's), etc. are on a separate foldout Appendix sheet.  If that did not come with your WK-6600, you can download PDF copies of the Manual, the Appendix, and the MIDI Implementation Chart from here:

https://support.casio.com/manualfile.php?cid=008011148

I recommend the PDF copy of the Manual as well as the Appendix.  If you use Adobe Acrobat Reader (or certain other PDF readers) to display it, you can do electronic "Edit/Find" searches, on the entire text, for specific words.  Much, much quicker than using the "Contents" pages in the hardcopy.

Enjoy !

- T -