Video Files on Forum ×

PX-730 Broken pedal assembly

Arturo C.

Hello everyone, 

I own a PX-730 digital piano whose sustain pedal suffered irreparable damage. I have taken the assembly off the support and found that the plastic frame which supports the pedal hinge broke off. 

Therefore it will be necessary to replace the whole assembly. However the part (Casio part no. 91087002040) is listed as "discontinued", therefore I am having trouble finding a replacement. 

I saw several pedal sets for sale on eBay (Casio SP33) which look similar to the one I have on my piano, and I'm wondering whether it could be possible to remove the pedal assembly from the SP33 and fit it in my piano, and if it will work. 

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help. 

Arturo. 

20200821_140236.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the video.  I will try a similar repair if I can't get a new pedal, but it is frustrating that Casio does not have a pedal I could purchase.  Most pianos have a regular jack input for a universal pedal but not the PX-730. 

Casio (and any other  maker) stands to profit more by forcing you to buy a new piano rather than helping you fix your current one. You should inquire whether there are craftsmen in your area who are able and willing to repair your pedal assembly for a fair price.