Video Files on Forum ×

using an expression pedal with the PX?

pax-eterna

If your input pedal is through the midi 5 pin IN, then you could use the USB port for the out to your ipad (opposite of the above).  Or like you said, if your input pedal is USB and your output is the 5 pin out then you would need an interface to the ipad.

The 5 pin In and USB out would be set by:

[SYS Setting] > MIDI > (page 3) > USB Out Select [MIDI]

Here's the thing, though I don't have a setup at the moment to verify this, these settings behave like a true thru port.  That means the Input does not blend with the PX-5s keyboard MIDI on the output.  For example, the setting above takes whatever would be coming in on the PX-5s' MIDI 5 pin IN and passes that directly to the USB port (it becomes a MIDI thru in this case).  What you play on the keyboard wouldn't go out on that same port.

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 6:58 AM, pax-eterna said:

So how does one actually use the expression pedal? I have the MIDI Solutions Controller box, and I can get it to work internally, but I cannot seem to get it to transmit via MIDI or USB?

Any ideas? Are there some vids somewhere on this? I did a quick hunt on YT but had no joy.

Hi,

What MIDI solution do you use?