Video Files on Forum ×

casio AT-1

median003

hello i have a casio AT-1, old one i know, i got it to learn piano, know i just want to know, this piano has midi in and out  but doesnt really work on my pc , and i could not find any driver on the internet for that piano,  is this piano doesnt work with pc or im missing something? Please help

Here's some information from Casio regarding the AT-1:

http://arch.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/past/oriental/at1.html

It states "16 channel MIDI", and no mention of USB MIDI. If it only has traditional 5 pin MIDI DIN connectors, it doesn't need any drivers for its MIDI to work. It already has standard MIDI functionality.

To use it with your computer, you will need a suitable 5 pin DIN MIDI equipped sound card/ interface, and an app or DAW that works with MIDI.

In a nutshell, if a device uses USB MIDI, you will need a manufacturer supplied driver or it might already use a class compliant USB driver. If it uses traditional 5 PIN DIN MIDI, it needs no drivers but needs to be connected to a suitable interface to communicate with a computer.