Cannot connect Casiotone CT-S200 to Apple Products

_max

When I get into to GarageBand.. Preferences says 0 midi inputs detected. When I connect to the MacbookPro there is nothing saying it is connected in Audio MiDi Setup after going window>show midi> rescan. I tried two different USB cables.

I also tried connecting to my iPhone with two different cables... No connection. I also tried connecting to a 2010 MacBook Pro, no luck...

Mind you I returned my first CasioTone S250 because I thought it was defective since it did the same thing! I even called Casio!

Is there an issue with connecting to Apple? Is there a fix? I just want to use my CasioTone as a midi controller! Thanks!

MacBook Pro 2020

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Iphone SE 2020

CasioTone CT-S200 running Version 01.03

I would check the USB cables you are using. We've had reports here that replacing the USB cable was the problem when people couldn't connect with other Casio products. Do either of the ones you've tried work with other devices such as printers, scanners, etc? Also, be sure you are using the Apple Camera Connection Kit with your iOS devices. Non-Apple adapters are notoriously unreliable.

• Like 2

@Joe Muscarathanks for the reply. I just put another two cables on order to try them out. Reviewers of the cables said they had success although with other brands of midi controllers. I'll report back. 

Also, I've given up on the connection to my iPhone but your recommendation is sound.