Video Files on Forum ×

Cannot open Data Manager 6.1 on Catalina

musicgeek

Trying out a WK-7600 and downloaded Data Manager 6.1 from the Casio website onto my Macbookpro 10.15.6   When I go to open the application a window pops from up saying the application is old and needs to be updated for security reasons.  Help!  Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me with this.  Is there a Casio phone number or email to help with this issue?  

In Macos catalina, apple stripped all the support for older (32-bit) programs, see the text hereunder I found on a website.

google around for 32-bit support in macos catalina and you’ll find a lot of info. There are some possible workarounds.

Apple's latest version of macOS, 10.15 Catalina, looks a lot like earlier versions of the operating system, but is vastly different under the hood. The biggest change is that Apple ripped out all the code that, in earlier versions, made it possible to run older 32-bit apps in Apple's 64-bit operating system. Apple warned us years ago that this change was coming, and there's no doubt that an all-64-bit OS like Catalina is more efficient than an OS that runs both 32-bit and 64-bit code. Still, for many users, Catalina blocks apps that they've relied on for years.”