Video Files on Forum ×

How to prevent 560 from taking over my other sound module.

Kingro

I'm sure this is a ridiculously easy answer. I know because I've done it before on other setups.

Here goes.... (and if you're going to get smart with me I'll talk about you for the rest of my life. LOL!)

I 'm using a PX-560 as my piano and also a controller for my Ferrofish B4000+ module. This is for live stuff.

Question: how do I set my 560 so that it only allows my sound module to transmit sounds ONLY?  

All I want the 560 to do, in this situation, is allow me to play the sounds of the Ferrofish. I don't want it to change banks, parameters, values. I don't want the sustain pedal to control the Ferrofish. All I want is that when I hit a key on the 560 I will hear the appropriate note from the Ferrofish. 

Someone who has a loving heart, and a teacher's mindset, please help.

You to turn "local control" to "off" within the MIDI menu.  This will disable the PX560 sound engine.  If you want the sound from your module to play thru the PX560 speakers or headphone jack, you need to connect a cable from your Ferrofish audio out to the audio in on the back of the PX560.  There is a small volume control on the back of the PX560 to adjust accordingly.  However, you cannot record your audio from the PX560 audio in jack.  If you want to record your performance (using the PX560 audio recorder), you will need to use the line in (L + R) jacks on the back of the PX560 which again, connect to the audio or line out on your Ferrofish.  Hope this helps you.

• Like 1