Video Files on Forum ×

bad samples on Celviano AP400 range

Hi all, I have owned a Celviano AP450 for about four years now and am very happy with it on the whole but there is a little niggle which I try to ignore but it does get to me especially when playing slow ballad time music,

The octave above middle c sometimes the next c  and d up just have no continual sound and don't ring on as they should sounding quite dull, I remember reading a complaint on here quite a while back with someone having a similar complaint in the top of that range model and ended up sending it back to the shop and buying another make of piano.

Before I bought this I tried a PX3A I believe it was with the same piano sounds and the same complaint, I sent it back to Casio and they found no fault but when speaking to the owner of the shop where I bought it from he thought it was a sampling problem which I agree with because transposing the keyboard take the bad notes down or up so it is not the key.

Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone played the PX870 as this is said to have new piano sounds so should't have the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Colin Hogarth