Video Files on Forum ×

Sausalito Summernight - Diesel

This is a one hit wonder from 1980 by the Dutch band Diesel.  It has a fun and catchy riff.  Although a guitar heavy piece (worth checking out the original), I did my best by ear using the PX560.   I abandoned working on this piece a year ago after getting very frustrated trying to translate the substantial guitar solo into piano notes.  However, by using https://app.musicspeedchanger.com/ it's now complete.....Whew.  Have to keep reminding myself I do this for fun/hobby?  (11) MIDI tracks consisting of:

1. Rock rhythm on system track
  2. Grand concert piano
  3. Drawbar Org 4
  4. Air E. piano 5
  5. Wah Clav1
  6. Brass Sect1
  7. Wood pad with arpeggiator style #10
  8. Square Lead 1
  9. Picked Bass2 with arpeggiator style #34
  10. Synth bass4
  11. GM Voice doo  

Sausalito Summernight.mp3

• Like 2

Nice work again, Tsquare!  Very upbeat and enjoyable, with a good mix of instruments, and some cool breaks and harmonies.   I also like how you list the tones and settings.  I still haven't done a version of Numan's AFE hahahahah.  Some day maybe.  Every time I play it I end up with a rambling monstosity that sounds nothing like it.  Maybe if I just keep the left hand or bass part more or less like you did it ...    Anyway, thanks for posting your stuff!

Thanks for the kind words TomTWK760.  Greatly appreciate the feedback.  My approach is to midi recording is to figure out the basic rhythm track which is typically a repeating riff and then copy/paste it to additional measures.   Then I add a track for the vocals.  I generate a bass track using an arpeggiator (if possible).  The "drums" are generally the last thing I record using a preset rhythm on the PX560 which (by default) is recorded on the system track.  After all tracks are assembled, I fiddle with the mixer controls in the PX560 prior to making an audio recording (.wav).

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, Tsquare said:

Thanks for the kind words TomTWK760.  Greatly appreciate the feedback.  My approach is to midi recording is to figure out the basic rhythm track which is typically a repeating riff and then copy/paste it to additional measures.   Then I add a track for the vocals.  I generate a bass track using an arpeggiator (if possible).  The "drums" are generally the last thing I record using a preset rhythm on the PX560 which (by default) is recorded on the system track.  After all tracks are assembled, I fiddle with the mixer controls in the PX560 prior to making an audio recording (.wav).

Thanks Tsquare -- helpful info!   I hope to experiment with some ensemble stuff in the near future.  So nice to have a built in mixer.