Video Files on Forum ×

Only Daddy That Will Walk the Line - Waylon Jennings

This is my first cover of a country song from 1968.  Got to use fun harmonica and banjo voices for a change!  I've always like the guitar lick and backing rhythm of this song.  I had a heck of a time getting the "guitar" solo down by slowing the original music down to a snails crawl with https://musicspeedchanger.com/ and listening over and over.    I ended up using an electric piano instead of guitar voice for the solo since Waylon's guitar bends, hammer-ons, etc., were too difficult to replicate.  I cheated on this one by increasing the tempo to the insane 160bpm versus my max 125 bpm playing speed.  10 midi tracks consisting of:

1. UK beat rhythm on system track
  2. Piano bright
  3. Cho. CleanGtr1
  4. AiR E. Piano 1
  5. Drawbar org1
  6. Finger bass1
  7. Harmonica
  8. Banjo with arpeggiator style #32
  9. Slow Choir
  10. Stereo Strings1

Only Daddy.mp3

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi There,

I first heard this a few days and sadly did not have much time. I do not know the piece but it does not matter as I very much like what you have done anyhow. The riff is extremely catchy and the melody is excellent as is your playing and interpretation. I think I will get my partner to take a listen to because she is a great Waylon Jennings fan.

You have created something really great with this. Many thanks for sharing this.

Best regards

Barry

• Thanks 1