Video Files on Forum ×

Canon in C - CT-X800

Hi everyone,

About one year ago, I recorded my own arrangement using the chord progression of Pachelbel’s Canon. I did this to explain to my husband (now deceased) the rather sophisticated possibilities of even a beginner keyboard such as the CT-X800. We choses together the various tones and he gave me some advice on the meolody, etc. Had he lived longer, I think he would have taken on playing the keyboard (he used to sing and play bluesharp).

The whole track was done on the CT-X in the course of two hours, one February evening last year. I used solely the CT-X and nothing else.

A few days ago, before sending my CT-X back to the repair facility because of faulty keys, I saved all user files from the internal memory and also recorded an audio version of the Canon on a very old white MacBook, which is at least 1,000,000 years old but has the davantage of an integrated audio interface.

I did the recording without any editing at all with an old version of Audacity.

The original Canon by Pachelbel is of course in D but I did this version in C because it was easier to demonstrate multitrack recording in C.

The birds at the beginning and end of the track are an internal sound of the keyboard, I found that neat to use these sound effects.

The Cello is the solo violin, set to one octave lower.

Enjoy, all comments welcome. 😎

Vinciane

Canon in C.mp3

• Like 2

Hi Vinciane, nice, thanks for sharing!

Overall I picture this as a small ensemble playing at some summer outdoor festival; hopefully we'll get back to such things soon.

And I really like the short "breath" pauses in the horn lines!

• Like 1

Hi Giano,

Thanks for your kind words.

I am also dying to go to a summer outdoor festival. Hopefully we’ll have again the opportunity to attend concerts and have a meal in a restaurant in the foreseeable future.

Regards,

Vinciane

@roncist Thanks for your kind words. The Black Forest is beautiful indeed. A very long time ago I staid for a couple of weeks in Schopfheim and with my husband we halted once in Passau when travelling back from Wien to Brussels.

• 2 weeks later...