Video Files on Forum ×

Is the ct x3000 really as buggy/complicated as they say?

octaviu5

Im thinking of buying a ctx 3000. sounds great. and seems to have the features im looking for.

But i want to know what you experience is with it. I've read comments saying its buggy. Drops pollyphony and its too complicated to use.

Can you please share your thoughts?

Also, if you had to choose between this and the wk 6600, what would you  choose?

thanks  in advance.

• octaviu5 changed the title to Is the ct x3000 really as buggy/complicated as they say?

It's not buggy, you'd be unlucky to experience any issues.  Remember, only a vocal minority report these issues. There will be 1000s of users who never have any problems.

The UI can be a bit complicated if you get in to some of the deeper functions.  That's just the downside of packing so many features in to a keyboard at this price point and with a small(ish) screen.  If you're just using it to play sounds / choose rhythms / create registrations it's fine.

The sounds are generally great!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's not a negative, IMNSHO. They're either features you can grow into, or things you won't use because you use other aspects. I have lots of keyboards that have way more features than I'll ever use. And, I have more keyboards than I can play at one time! :D 

At the same time, for the features I do use, I want them to be really good. If that means the keyboard is overpowered for me in other areas, so be it.

• Like 2

Yeah, nobody expects everyone to use all of the features.  They're just there for people to pick and use as required and add value to the instrument.

Things like creating rhythms are pretty complicated (impossible without the manual / video guide) but at least the option is there for those who want to do it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RogerBannister said:

Things like creating rhythms are pretty complicated (impossible without the manual / video guide) but at least the option is there for those who want to do it.

Its mostly this. I find using those extra features too much of a challenge.

The sounds on this thing are great though! I love the pianos and the organs. They make a great addition to my home studio.

What im thinking im going to do is return the ctx 3000, buy the cts400 (when it comes out), and use the difference to buy some guitar pedals that im missing.

Thank you all for your time.

• Like 1

Hi, this is roughly what I did two years ago. I bought the CT-X3000, felt overwhelmed by the user interface although I loved its sounds and rhythms, so I sent it back and ordered the CT-X800 some time later (in the meantime, I also tried the Yamaha PSR E463, which is very user-friendly but its sounds are pale in comparison with the CT-X range).

I wished that the CT-X keyboards had the control Knobs of the PSR E463 and its integrated digital midi and audio interface, though. This offers so much flexibility.

From a recent teaser video I think that there will be more Casiotones coming out this year, including one with knobs and buttons to control the sounds. This looks really promising.

Vinciane

On 6/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, vbdx66 said:

Hi, this is roughly what I did two years ago. I bought the CT-X3000, felt overwhelmed by the user interface although I loved its sounds and rhythms, so I sent it back and ordered the CT-X800 some time later (in the meantime, I also tried the Yamaha PSR E463, which is very user-friendly but its sounds are pale in comparison with the CT-X range).

I wished that the CT-X keyboards had the control Knobs of the PSR E463 and its integrated digital midi and audio interface, though. This offers so much flexibility.

From a recent teaser video I think that there will be more Casiotones coming out this year, including one with knobs and buttons to control the sounds. This looks really promising.

Vinciane

I already sent the ctx3000 back. I'm just waiting for the ct s400 to be available for purchase.
I hope the keybed is not a disappointment as the one on the ctx was.

Do you happen to know when it will come out?

Also, can you share with me the video you're refering to? thank you in advance.