Video Files on Forum ×

privia px 870 no sound from keyboard

Hi,

had to(it's outside of warranty) open (at some considerable stress!!) my px 870 after a couple of the keys were not correctly registering touch,to replace the rubber strips.

Cut a lot story short...slightly damaged the ribbon cable (from the keyboard to the PCB)..( it still worked,but a a few keys were intermittant),so ordered a new lot of 30 pin FFC cables  (same spec) from China.

So,after arriving,Reconnected to PCB and behind the piano keyboard bed,and...no sound when pressing any of the piano keys. Thought strange...the demo could still be played and heard...i have reset the piano too (function/midi rec/electric piano keys) and still no joy.

I tried the old cable too....and absolutely nothing....i'm at an utter loss...i was careful to remove it and reinsert with power turned off...there is no damage whatsoever to the 30 p[in connectors on either the PCB or behind the Kyboard bed.

I'm guessing the 30 pin connectors are pretty "undamageable" anyway,as v low voltage,and they are connected/soldered rock solidly to the pcb/piano bed.

Totally gutted,as this is an 800 quid piano,and it seems crazy that i might have to bin it because of something so small (and indecipherable)..

ANY suggestions at all would be highly welcome...

Make sure the cable locks on the connectors are in the unlocked position and the cable is straight in the connector. It has to be fully seated before relocking the cable locks or you will get no sound from the keyboard. Make sure you do this with power off. Unplug the power supply from the piano while working on it.

8 hours ago, Casiofun said:

I doubt you damaged the connector if all you did is remove the ribbon cable. You might not have the correct cable. Make sure something else did not get unplugged. Do you have sound through the headphone jack? Try doing a keyboard reset.

the cable is correct..only diff is instead of 30v vw-1..it is 60v vw1 (this is just the external votage resistance,so won't effect the current itself)...the old official cable i have(which has a couple of pins bent) registers diddly squat now too (whereas before ,90% of keyboard registered)....

I've definately damaged somehow the damned 30 pin port...just don't see how...even if maybe once i didn't turn off the power at the wall when reinserting/taking out...its so low voltage surely impossible to "short" any of the connections,let alone physically damage them.. (there are other connectors on the bottom of the keyboard bed,which have been totally untouched,so can't be any damage to these)..