Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTK-4200 Layer Volume controls

• 1 month later...

@Dan_15 

I don't believe that there's any way to change layer and split volume through the onboard controls of the CTK-4200/CTK-4400. However, it's possible that you may be able to apply custom volume balance with modified registration bank (.RBK format) files. My software utility RBK Mixer uses that workaround to make layer volume control possible on the CT-X700/X800 which similarly lacks this feature.

However, in order to investigate whether this would be possible, we'd need to inspect some CTK-4200/CTK-4400/WK-245/WK-240 registration bank files (RM7 format) so we can figure out if the RBK files contain hidden mixer value parameters like tone volume and panning. I don't have access to any of those models, so you'd need to use Casio's Data Manager software and a USB printer cable to pull them off of your keyboard yourself. Then, once you upload them here, we can determine if a similar workaround can be implemented on these CTK and WK models.

If you're up for it, let me know and I'll send you a PM with more instructions.