Video Files on Forum ×

guidance required

• 2 months later...

I feel sure you already made a choice.  If not, I recommend the several Youtube content creators who post on this type of subject.  Start your search with "Jeremy See" a guy who reviews a lot of keyboards very well.  After that YT will suggest similar videos.  I have the Casio CT-K 6250 and CT-X 5000.  The top line CT-K and top CT-X models are too complex for a beginner, but they have great sound and, to me, very good key action, so they would be fine for someone who just wants to use play the keys and switch off between their favorite tones, and save learning their more advanced features for another day.    The entry level CT-X model should satisfy any beginner, and it has their latest AiX soundcard which has been given great reviews (though the one-generation older CT-K sound is perfectly acceptable).  I am expecting some new under-$500 series from Casio, because their innovative CT-X series is now aging past 3 years old, and they don't want their competitors to show them up.  But none of my inquiries have given me hard info about any available upgrade. 

It is good to check reviews from people with experience and lots of keyboards to compare, because the various manufacturers do not always put a good feature set into their less expensive models.  As for CT-K and CT-X from Casio, one would have to spend over $1000 to equal their feature set when they were first introduced, but competitors have been playing catch-up since then.  

ps - there is a brouhaha about a Casio keyboard on YT from Pianoforever.  As best I can tell, his concern may be valid for someone with at least semi-pro concert-level skill, but for the rest of us it may not matter at all.

• Like 1