Video Files on Forum ×

All Or Nothing Storing Files.

XW-Addict
Go to solution Solved by Choppin,

I'm so lazy I create like tons of tones and stages which good enough to put up on the download of the forum. 

But they're everywhere in equal amounts of all files. I mean it will take me a full day to sort that out. 

What finished I'll copy to the first bank and second and the rest garbage but once you're in that creative fit. 

Its everywhere and because most stage have custom phrases that wont get saved along well you can guess. 

There has to be a faster way my lazy bum didn't think off I'm open for ideas or plan a day to manage the files 

give me a few pointers please. 

Edited by XW-Addict

• XW-Addict changed the title to All Or Nothing Storing Files.
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution

I know this is a bit late but:

I'm not sure if this will help if you store everything as All files.  But, if you have many different tone, phrase, sequence, stage settings etc.  type files, then you can create packages in the Data Editor that will group the things you want to together or loaded into the various sections (tone, stage setings, phrase) of the PX-5s without having to load or save everything like you do with an All file.

This is only useable through the data editor.  What it would allow you to do, for example, would be to create a package that contains several different tones, maybe a couple of stage settings, maybe a phrase or two, maybe a sequence in whatever combination and assigned to whatever user slot you want.  You can create several of these packages that organize the types of data you have however you want.  You then transfer the package to the PX-5s and it wil affect only those things that you wanted to load.

Edited by Choppin

13 hours ago, Choppin said:

I know this is a bit late but:

I'm not sure if this will help if you store everything as All files.  But, if you have many different tone, phrase, sequence, stage settings etc.  type files, then you can create packages in the Data Editor that will group the things you want to together or loaded into the various sections (tone, stage setings, phrase) of the PX-5s without having to load or save everything like you do with an All file.

This is only useable through the data editor.  What it would allow you to do, for example, would be to create a package that contains several different tones, maybe a couple of stage settings, maybe a phrase or two, maybe a sequence in whatever combination and assigned to whatever user slot you want.  You can create several of these packages that organize the types of data you have however you want.  You then transfer the package to the PX-5s and it wil affect only those things that you wanted to load.

That would do it , There where specific phrases that didn't need to be part of a stage still was because of how I wanted it, Which was not necessarily again cause I wanted it for anyone to create their own melody how they wanted it with any other sound. And I wanted to leave room for new composition just with the sounds in the stage. I'm going for the packages solutions I've got lots of renaming to do for the drum , bass and melody patterns / arpeggio, this solution can work out excellent. Thank you.  

Edited by XW-Addict