Video Files on Forum ×

Samples Problem with the MZ-X500

Akshansh - Alex

Hello, 
I've one problem with my MZ-X500, don't exactly know that it's a bug or my keyboard problem

When I was working on Drum, Normal Tone, or Hex Layered Tones
I saw, when I transfer at least 3 - 5 Samples to it
The 4th or 5th one sample(s) was giving response (sounds) and the other 1st 2nd 3rd samples are does not giving any kind of sound (unresponsive)

Also sometimes some samples are giving sound in the interval of "One to Three" seconds!

I confirmed many times that I transferred best samples without any output issues.

How can I solve this problem?

Please Help 

Thank You

Hi Akshansh,

I got the same results as you with user-samples.

In my opinon it´s a bug.

In my workflow, I save the tones with the 'all tone'-save function to an Usb-Drive each time I did some changes. Then I can load it back, if the bug appears. The good thing is: When the Keyboard - after getting startet -  is running whithout a bug, it runs and runs. In my case the bug appears with 2 or 3 user samples. The bugy samples are always the same. So it is possible zu reload only the tone which consists of the bugy sample. All the other tones which refere to the sample getting updated by that way.

If I use my MZ on gigs, I each time load all my settings from a USB drive after power on the Keyboard just to be sure that everything works.

Edited by bimfood

10 hours ago, Akshansh said:

Hello, 
I've one problem with my MZ-X500, don't exactly know that it's a bug or my keyboard problem

When I was working on Drum, Normal Tone, or Hex Layered Tones
I saw, when I transfer at least 3 - 5 Samples to it
The 4th or 5th one sample(s) was giving response (sounds) and the other 1st 2nd 3rd samples are does not giving any kind of sound (unresponsive)

Also sometimes some samples are giving sound in the interval of "One to Three" seconds!

I confirmed many times that I transferred best samples without any output issues.

How can I solve this problem?

Please Help 

Thank You

The proof of the samples in MZX is: Install a tone and turn off the keyboard. When you turn it back on you can check if the tone is defective. If samples disappear, reinstall. Leave the AUTORESUME option turned on. And when you have tones larger than 2.5 megabytes turn on PRELOAD to avoid latency.

Hi Silvano Silva,

Do you mean that I turn ON Auto Resume option?

But when it gets loaded at least with 5 or more samples, the samples are unresponsive! And the old loaded samples are unresponsive

Even with Normal Tones, Drums and Hex Layered Tones

This is NOT good for any High Grade like keyboards!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Silvano Silva said:

The proof of the samples in MZX is: Install a tone and turn off the keyboard. When you turn it back on you can check if the tone is defective. If samples disappear, reinstall. Leave the AUTORESUME option turned on. And when you have tones larger than 2.5 megabytes turn on PRELOAD to avoid latency.

Thanks Silvano.

I will try the AUTORESUME option.

According to manual I followed the steps and also from the video which is given by Silvano. But i cant understand the language, thats why I take help of manual and with the video.

This is what manual says. I think Silvano also telling that on the video.

IMG_20210912_005026.jpg

Edited by Akshansh
Name Correction

On 9/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, bimfood said:

Thanks.

I follow the screen information.

I cannot understand you, because my Portugis is so bad 😅 - an the automatic German translation is - lets say - a little bit off topic. 😂

Did You do the Video?

Yes it's my channel video. The practical learning of Preload is to enable tones in red on Preload that are larger than 2.5mb

And not to activate tones smaller than 2.5megabytes. Larger tones overload the MZX if not activated, smaller ztn tones do not pose a problem.